Tuesday, October 11, 2016

A Work In Progress



I'm feeling this selfie pretty much says it all.

So I'm getting old.

Still beats the alternative.


My saving grace is my daughter, who happens to be (luckily) my biggest fan, best friend and happily  for me  still living with us, kicking me down the path of what's left of my life.


I woke up today after a teary eyed self pity party last night with my daughter.

Number one: Getting older and finding a new job is a slap to your self confidence at the age of fifty six plus.

Number two: I can take a slap and then some. Been there, done that and can do it again.

Number three:You gotta get out there to get slapped...then simply just slap back.



We headed out today...again. Hit several restaurants with my resume and went back to more than a few  just to let them know I was checking back.

Seems everything is done online today, even checking back.


Hello?  I'm a human being you can actually see and speak with.

No takers, but that's okay too.



I got a phone call today from my former manager at Ecco before leaving on my non seeing anyone in person job hunt.

He hadn't realized I had not been  transferred as originally planned. He's looking into it for me but not putting too much faith in that. What's done is done.

What I need to put faith in ...is myself.



It may (obviously) take me a while but will "Get'er Done" come hell or high water.

Life is a crap shoot.

I could drop dead while typing this very sentence.

... Guess I didn't so life will go on.

I am willing away all the negative and striving, hoping for the positive. That's all a person can and should do.

I have people who love me. I have people who believe in me... and believe me, don't want to let them down. Because ... I am a good person and good things happen to good people.


I was once a little girl at Harris Street School, with a horrible hair cut. I was raised by excellent parents learning what is right and what is wrong.

I am right...and is what will get me through this latest debacle of my journey.

I may not be beautiful but am a beautiful person.

Til next time... down to ninety pounds COTTON







No comments: