Thursday, October 1, 2009

Still on the Laptop...arrrgghh!!

I guess I'll have to get used to this laptop since every time I come home from work I find my 17 year old seated at my computer.



I think he hears my car pull in the garage and races to log on so it looks like I am interrupting him as if he is deeply into whatever game or site he is on. I may be old, but I ain't stupid. I am just so happy to be back home where I am loved for who I am that I let a lot of things slide (like Massey's room that looks like it has been hit by a hurricane.) We are thinking about applying for aid with FEMA...maybe we can get her a trailer to live in on the back of our property.



Just gave my boys five bucks to go eat off the dollar menu at McDonald's...let me go jump on MY computer and I will finish posting. This laptop is more work than pleasure to me and I spend half my time correcting typos and trying to figure out where I am on a page. Hang on a minute....I sound a lot smarter on a desk top, trust me!

THERE! I already feel better sitting in my same ole chair with the keyboard at the level just where I want it and don't have to use my blasted finger for a cursor.

The saying is true..."You can't teach an old dog new tricks."

Worked in the yards today before I went to work...helped my mindset and gave me enough of a feeling of happiness to go into work again. It was pretty busy and I concentrated on being the "server" they want me to be (what else can I do?)

My husband went to pick Massey up from guard practice. The calendar in our kitchen had been flipped to October so he went to pick her up at eight instead of nine, when she got through. For Pete's sake...could he not flip the calendar back to September and see where I had written the practice times (you know how they have blocks for the rest of the week even though the month is over.)

God bless him, but how did he make it before he met me to shove him down the path of life? When I got home from work, it was almost nine and my 17 year old said Dad had been gone for over an hour to pick up Massey. I asked why he left so early and he told me the calendar for October was blank where I usually write all Massey's practice times. Three men at the house and no one thought to pull out the push pin and flip the calendar back one month to just perhaps see if there may be some mystic clue as to when Massey got out of practice.

As I said , I'm old but I ain't stupid...I left it alone and didn't say a word.

Going now to write all the practice times on the October calendar and hope that crisis is averted til November. When Massey and I are both gone at the same time, I tend to leave the dogs in control...that's my best bet!

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: