Sunday, October 25, 2009

Back to Work...Again


You know, if I work 21 days straight I am better off than working six straight. If I actually HAVE a day off I hate to go back. I had a day off yesterday and even though it was filled with taking care of the sick ones and catching up on the house work...it was STILL a day off.


I woke up this morning, spooned once again by my hounds (I will NOT sleep in my bed til Tim goes to the doc in the box) and immediately dreaded going into work. I pulled myself together in twenty minutes (thank goodness I have a 5 second hair do) and went out the door to work from 3 to close.


Got to work and it was slow so of course they cut everyone but me and another server. Worked to our advantage, we began to get table after table and lucky for me I had a LOT of drinkers (always good for a check average.) I only had one bad tip and I could see that one coming over the backyard fence. Demanding, extremely red neck family that left me a five dollar tip on a sixty eight dollar tab.


Everyone else was a joy and a pound in my pocket. I walked with almost $200.00 in my pocket after tip out and I felt blessed once again.
We are in the middle of a huge remodel and have crews working all night long in our store finishing their work right before we open.
As a safety measure we have to have security on the premises all night long because the workers are going in and out of the doors at night . The phone rang at work tonight around 10:00 when we close and the woman on the phone said she just wanted to make sure the security man had shown up. I told her that he had in fact shown up and was at the bar drinking.
You know me...never turn down the opportunity for a good joke!
After I assured her he was drinking coffee, she laughed.
Baadda Boom... I have been restricted from answering the phone after closing but that is one less thing I have to do!
Once I got back into the groove of work I was "Back."
Can't hold me back from being a maniac and a total idiot when it comes to my sense of humor or style of relating to the masses.
I had four different call parties...that means that they specifically asked for my table. I must be doing something right.
My last table was a party of seven Asians...one of them wearing a Collar like a priest would wear. I always thought that all Asians were Buddhist.
Dang the Catholics have even infiltrated the far East...Where Is Robert Langdon when you need him? I bet he could find a conspiracy at that table without a map.
They were very nice...all the women had the exact same hair cut, even the kids. A Bob and bangs.
I clocked out at 39 hours for the week. If I hit 40....poop hits the fan.
I had spread my humor and wit as far as it would go and the management said politely "Kelly, it is time for you to leave."
So leave I did, with $200.00 and a good feeling in my checking account.
It will feel good not to have to go the furtherest window at the drive through and make fake calls on my cell phone while they tell me I am in the red.
Baby I am in the black for today...and feeling pretty good about it.
Tomorrow could be even greater...IT COULD HAPPEN !!
Til next time...COTTON
PS HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!!

No comments: