Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sunny Day...Easy Night

I got a lot of things done before work today. I went and deposited our donation to the fallen soldier's kids college fund that we collected at work. Then I went to get my "funky" hair cut. It was beginning to look like a mullet. I got a $6.99 coupon in the mail...can't beat that price. Of course it doesn't take much to cut my hair. Of course it doesn't take much to mess up on hair as short as mine either, so I was relieved when the lady seemed to know what she was doing. It was Senior Citizen day and the first time I drove by I could see two wheelchairs waiting and at least five other people waiting so I opted for a trip to the post office to mail off some bills and went back by the house to get a book to read in case the wait was long. It wasn't a long wait at all and I was in and out in about half an hour.

Came home ... fed the pups and sat out back for about an hour reading in the glorious sunshine.

Got ready early for work (supposed to be there at four) and went in to roll my silver ware for my night shift so I don't have to do it after I get cut. That always cuts thirty minutes off the time it takes to get out of there.

Had an early pop and had about seven tables going at once. Everyone was really easy to wait on and by the time every one else came on the clock it stalled to a slow dinner. I was cut by 7:00 and walked out of the door before 8:00 with $82.00. Not bad in my book.

Called the kids to see if they wanted me to bring them anything. Massey said she wanted Wendy's. Zach had a girl over and I told Massey to find out what they wanted and call me back.

Of course she sent their order in a text. You gotta love that dollar menu at Wendy's!! Fed all three of them for ten bucks, and Zach eats like a small horse.

Zach's friend had wanted a chicken sandwich and once I doled out the food in the kitchen all the teens scattered with their food. Massey came back to the kitchen and said that I had given her bacon cheeseburger to Zach's girl and she was already upstairs chomping away on it. I went upstairs with the chicken sandwich in my hand and told her I had given her the wrong sandwich and she said "Really?" I wanted to ask if what she was eating tasted like chicken...but she seemed happy with her free meal or else felt bad about me goofing up her order.

She said she didn't even realize it was a cheeseburger. Thank God Tim had been at the house all night or I would wonder if they had been smoking something. Beef/cheese/bacon and chicken on a bun are about as far apart as you can get. The girl seems really sweet though...and I think she is sweet on Zach as well. I went back to Wendy's to get Massey a bacon cheese burger because I really should have gotten some gas on the way home but I like to live on the edge...the edge of the empty gauge. I can go 90 miles on five dollars worth of gas and have proven that point many times but was cutting it close tonight. So I swung through and pumped SIX dollars worth (I could drive half way to to California) and drove back through the Wendy's drive thru. The Latino guy at the first window who takes the money looked at me and remarked "We forget?" I told him no I had given the wrong sandwich to one of my teens and he said "I Sorry."

Got back home to my pouting daughter and gave her the obviously precious bacon cheese burger and my husband came into the room.

He said Great Clips had called , when I was in there today the woman took my $6.99 coupon but charged me the full $14.00 fee. I had not even looked at the receipt but had shoved it in my back pocket with my debit card. I had tipped her in cash and just didn't even look at what I was signing. It was really nice of her to call, I wouldn't have noticed it til I checked my account online and by that time it would have made me mad. She told Tim she had my seven dollars and to stop by and pick it up.

Then Tim told me that Massey had forgotten to tell him she had practice today and when she didn't answer her cell phone this afternoon he had asked Zach's friend if she would drive up to the school to make sure Massey was there. Zach told Tim that his friend didn't have any gas and Tim said "Take your Mom's card and buy her $10.00 in gas." I was LIVID!! I told Tim she could be ALL the way to California for ten bucks!

Maybe that is an exaggeration, but at least now I have Zach's friend owing me a couple of trips to the high school "Pro Bono."

Just a day in my crazy life.

Tim got a job today with a Ford dealership in Griffin selling used cars. Straight commission, but it is better than sitting at home fretting and worrying. If good looks count..he should be a hit.

Shout out to my cousin Frances for finding the ad and sending it to us. I sent her an email thanking her and telling her that they DID hire Tim. Tim told me to tell her to come buy a car.

Guess I'm not the only funny one in my house.

Til next time...COTTON

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for Tim. He certainly does make a
good impression with his good looks and
nice manners. I wish him well. I think it
might be good for him to just be out and
about and hopefully making some money!
It will have to feel better than watching
Food Network all day.
I was there when Frances tore that page out
to send to Tim. She said she had sent it
before by Zach, but he probably never
followed through in passing it on! She said
she e-mailed him any job she saw that looked
like he might could do. I thought that was
funny. Love to you. Barbara