Friday, October 16, 2009

Freezing With the Funnel Cakes

That was the coldest 49 degrees I have felt in quite a while. Just got home from the ball game and don't think my feet will ever thaw out.
Our five man funnel cake stand has been downsized to a husband and wife team. I went to the game as soon as I got off work and by the time I walked to the stadium I was freezing. I called Tim who was still at home and told him to dig up a hat, scarf and gloves to bring me. Granted I am a sissy in cold weather but with the drizzle and the wind blowing...it was downright cold. Even the fryer didn't keep me warm. I hung out at the grill pit til Tim got there with my scarf and hat. Note to self: If you have hair as short as a man's, always have a stocking hat handy from October to March.
Once I covered up it got a bit better but the wind was non stop and killing me. I don't think I've ever clung as tightly by my husband in our twenty one years together.
It was "Pink Out" night at ECHS and pink was every where, even marking the football field yard markers. The Wild Indian Boys...a group of students that paint their upper bodies and usually have E C H S on their chests tonight were painted with the message "Save the Ta Ta's" and had pink ribbons painted on their backs. I hope they have all had flu shots. I don't know how they stood the cold but they stayed in their war paint the entire game and I never saw one of them with a shirt or jacket on. The color guard all wore pink ribbons around their upper arms.
At the beginning of every game after the National Anthem, 'Princess Senoia' on her horse 'War Chief' charges down the field. I wish you could have seen the mud that horse kicked up. I always think it is neat that they have an actual horse charge down the field before the game, but I bet the groundskeeper was clinching his teeth at the damage that large horse made in its thirty second charge down the field.
It reminded me of this morning when I left for work. Zach had four boys spend the night and when I went to leave for work I was all but blocked in the garage by cars. I squeezed straight back between three vehicles and was going to go out my next door neighbors drive way. As soon as I hit the grass I sank in the mud. I got all four boys, plus Zach to come push me out and left a huge mess in my once pristine side yard. It made me sick, but probably not as sick as seeing a huge horse galloping one hundred yards down a field that I personally take care of on a daily basis.
It did make me feel better about the tire tracks I left in my side yard though.
I can't brag enough about the high school my kids go to. They are a bunch of die hard students that obviously love their school and a bunch of parents that make the whole experience lots of fun for the kids and make it run smoothly .
My feet are beginning to thaw finally.
We were getting killed the first half but came back and won the game 25 to 17.
GO INDIANS!
GO BREAST CANCER AWARENESS!
GO TO BED KELLY!
Til next time...COTTON

No comments: