Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Damage is Done




I just HAD to post pictures of my once PERFECT lawn. I borrowed my "next door husband's" landscaping rake and tried to repair the damage that has befallen my once pristine lawn. It is tough work raking out the mud and making it smoother, I found that out in about five minutes.
I had to get Zach outside to finish...I felt like I was raking 3,ooo lbs. of mud with every stroke and it was killing me.
It looks one hundred percent better...which makes ME feel one hundred percent better. Once the Titanic was removed from the front yard I felt a sigh of relief.
Massey spoke for the first time in three days today and made me happy that she was finally recovering. She has had a fever of 102 for three days and between Mucinex, Advil and throat spray has slept her way back to the living.
The remodel at work was in full swing this morning...Tuesday is my favorite shift, me, Teresa and Lisa. Three old timers opening the store. Throw in Lynsey at the bar (a youngin) compared to us ole farts but a staple of our store as well and that was our line up (the pre- lunch pump 'em up talk from the managers.)
We were gathered on the patio (a side room ) that had been completely demolished. No booths, tables, lamps or chairs. It was a wide open dusty smelling shell of what it was waiting to be transformed into.
The manager, trying to be funny asked who could do a cartwheel down the empty aisle?
I was taking off my apron as he asked the question.
Don't think that this almost fifty year old woman didn't execute a perfect cartwheel. (I could have done a cartwheel round off...but that would be showing off.)
It just made me feel better to start my day off reminding myself of what I can still do at the over half way mark in life.
I'll be honest, I felt a definite pull in the ham string area ...but it felt so good to twirl like a little girl that it went away immediately.
Came home to a brother in law still hanging around and a daughter still feverish.
After another dose of Advil and Mucinex...Massey finally came around about seven o'clock, my older son who has been sick as well seems on the road to recovery too. The only one I need to get on the road now is my brother in law.
I love him dearly and know that if it was my brother or sister Tim would welcome them and somehow make it happen.
As it stands, I am barely making it happen and wonder what HAS happened?
When TJ moved back in and took over the 'Den' that I had made out of his former room...I simply gave him a mattress on the floor (HEY there were TWO of them stacked on each other) and moved my digital cable box up to the living room so that I could still watch my "Curb" and "Mad Men" while I folded laundry after work as the rest of the house slept.
Now my brother in law is on the sofa in the living room ...400 channels at his disposal.
I will give it some time.
My husband would certainly do it for any of MY siblings.
I have a time limit though.
I have been the bread winner for the last six months... not through ANY fault of my husband's...been downsized out of my fancy den I had all set up and was enjoying tremendously. Now I am cooking for another mouth and have been kicked out of one more place that I could call my own.
Let me see HIM do a cartwheel...or SOMETHING.
I love him dearly, but this is NOT the time to add to my plate. Obviously I am not EATING from my plate because I have gone from 115 lbs to 90 lbs.
ONE WEEK...I think that is enough time for him to realize that I cannot afford to have another person in my house at the current time.
Keep looking for my new website..I am working on it , I think it will be a great thing. Thinking about Youtubing some of my blogs too. Maybe you can see me do a cartwheel or maybe you can see me kick a relative out of the house (Take TJ with you.)
Totally kidding, but God help me survive..
Til Next Time...Cartwheeling Cotton

No comments: