Thursday, January 12, 2017

Karma Is Everything


I'm almost fifty seven years old. I sailed through my first fifty without a care in world. I had only two bumps along my way.

The first was the hardest and can still remember that feeling as if it was yesterday.

No seventeen year old kid expects to go shopping for school clothes with her mother and older sister only see her mother suddenly clutch onto a rack of clothes, fall to the floor and be dead in under a minute.

True fact... happened in 1977.


Fast forward to 2002. The "Old Man" (our Diddy) went from perfectly healthy to being taken off life support ten days later, suffering from West Nile virus.


Poof!

Both gone.

What was I gonna do without either of them?




Here's what I did.

I remembered every lesson they ever taught me, whether I thought I needed it or not.

Turns out, I needed and have used them all.



I think now, at the age of almost fifty seven both bumps happened for one reason. To teach me to be  like them.

When we were kids, our parents never let us use the word 'hate'. They never let us say the words "shut up" to people. That was like  cussing to them. I remember telling my brother to shut up one time in the car when I was about nine and got popped on the cheek by my Diddy.

My parents were loved by everyone (true fact) because they loved everyone.

It didn't really resonate with me until was married with three kids and doing pretty well. I tried to pay it forward as often as I could. When my father died and got my part of the insurance money, wrote a check to a friend of mine who's husband had lost his job. I adopted a family every Christmas from the Salvation Army, and pressured my across the street neighbor who happened to be a general manager for Publix to supply Thanksgiving dinner for a needy family of four.

Then just as suddenly, the bomb dropped...on us.




Long story made short, we almost lost everything.

My husband lost his job, then I lost mine.

We went from making six figures a year to trying and make it through a year.

But did.

The love poured like a fountain and from everywhere.

My pay back list is lengthy to say the least.


Karma had my back, every step and stumble along our way.

I can't say it enough.

If you hate, you get hate in return.

If you try , life tries to help.

If you love, you will be loved.




If I die tomorrow...which is a given possibility at any instant point in time... could take a deep breath in but never be around to exhale. True fact.

Life is fragile.




It sounds crazy but so am I.


Love is all you need.

The Golden Rule is my standard to live by.

If you want to be a great person, act like one.

If you're not a great person don't expect great things.

It's not rocket science, it's Karma.

I'm thinking she's really fat but would is a lot of fun to be around.


Til next time...COTTON



No comments: