Monday, October 3, 2011

Looks Like We Are Moving...


I went into work today as Tim went into his meeting.

I had a sick feeling in my stomach. Had I gloated too much and jinxed his chances at the promotion?

I went to work and got my 99lb butt thoroughly beat by five tables. It was a record night for me and one that I desperately needed. Made enough to cover my craftfully kited checks and be able to pay a couple more bills.

I  didn't get off til almost ten and called Tim on the way home.

"DING DING DING DING!!" We have a winner and it is my husband. The meeting went great and they are paying for our move.

It is a bittersweet feeling .

I have a job that I love and a family of bosses and co workers that have seen me at my worst (and regardless of that)  have supported me every step of the way. After thirty three years of being a server I have found a restaurant that suits me to a tee. They love me for my qualities as a server help me when I have  needs as a mother and motivate me as a person when I need it.

It may sound crazy (like all the people I work for and with)  but leaving Mama Lucia's is the one thing I dread the most. I have been doing at least ten shows a week there and  have gained quite a following.

This restaurant has become  my second home and a place that I love to go. My closest family...which now consists of a sister and brother have the means to visit me whenever they want when we move.

It's hard to believe that at the age of fifty one I am starting a new chapter. When I was a kid I thought when I was fifty one I would be in the islands learning to play golf... my knees hurt too much to play tennis.

So it's official, we're moving.

We are uprooting Massey and plunking her down in a new state. I know my girl well and have watched her mature quicker than I ever did. She will be fine. She is resilient and a force to be challenged.

It is scary and it is joyful. It is a new beginning and it is a means to the end.

This is what we have prayed for and this is HIS answer.

It is up to us to make it work.

Til next time..."Scared" COTTON

No comments: