Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Arnold Ziffle Sniffles

Now I have both my younger kids at home "pick" in bed. (see previous post)

There are currently eleven cases of H1N1 in our county. Hopefully that ISN'T what my kids have, but all beds have been stripped, towels and toothbrushes pulled, washed with bleach and I just ran to the store to pick up some more Lysol to give their shared bathroom a good scrubbing.

If they wake up with curly tails and flat noses in the morning I'll take them to the doctor ( or would the vet be cheaper?) but there are tons of kids out sick this week in their high school and I am praying they will recover on their own with all the water, Mucinex and OJ I have been washing Advil down with.

I read the newspaper from our county online tonight and many parents posted comments on the story about H1N1. Most parents said their own kids were only sick for a couple of days and recovered quickly.

As I type this blog... with my fingers crossed and simultaneously sending up a prayer to the big Guy upstairs I am hoping that my kids will be just as lucky.

They are both usually really healthy kids are are rarely sick so I am hoping they will bounce back quickly.

I got home from work around 4:15 and they both seemed better. I brought them both some French Onion soup and baked sweet potatoes and they seemed to rally.

As the night has gone on they both seem to be puny again, but night time always seems to bring out the worst when you have a fever or the flu, or a cold or whatever they both have.

At least my husband and I seem to be okay and none of the dogs are complaining, so I'll just play it by ear.

I'll just leave their honking cough in God's hands and hope that every thing works out okay. We have several people at work who are sick as well and so far everyone seems to be alright and it's just lasting 48 hours or so.

My sweet brother in law went and checked Massey out of school today when she called me sick and wanting to come home (I was already at work.)

Time to go pump in the bedtime dosages and get back to scrubbing down the house.

At least my house will be clean...I hope it wasn't the house looking like a pig sty that invited these unwelcome germs !

After raising three kids I have a pretty good idea when they need to go to the doctor and when they need to just rest and drink fluids...let's hope it is the second and not the first.

Til next time... Clara Barton (aka Dr. Doolittle)

1 comment:

Walter said...

Home-made Chicken Soup...and if they don't want it call me over. Or Chicken and Dumplings....they'll be over that flu So Fast!

Hope everyone gets well soon. I always sing to my kids..gives them incentive!