Sunday, September 13, 2009

Nice to be Home Early

Went into work and it was a ghost town. I hung around long enough to make $80 and ducked out at the first opportunity. I worked yesterday on my day off so it all evens out.

I spent the first part of my day watching "The Secret life of the American Teenager" with my daughter. Number one: how much sex are these kids having with their parents obvious knowledge? Number two: When did Molly Ringwald get old? My daughter loves this show and has all the episodes recorded since it airs while she is at practice. I guess if she can watch "Friends" she can watch "Secret Life" but it kind of disturbed me. After we were on the fourth show I kinda got into it. I told her she was crazy if she thought it was okay to have sex before she was 30 and CERTAINLY under NO circumstances would it be happening while she was in high school. I was partly joking, she is a good girl with a good head on her shoulders and no interest in any boys other than the Jonas brothers and I see a very slim chance in her hooking up with one of them.

After coming home I threw in a load of laundry and read my book for a while out back with the dogs (I did the reading, they just sat there.)

Work has become a battlefield of tension and drama. Since we have been bought out by a bigger corporation ...the heat our managers get from the home office on a daily basis is enough heat to fry my funnel cakes in the concession stand. They get hounded daily and it trickles down to us. They fired one girl after her lunch shift and took another into the office for a half an hour...at least SHE came out the office with her job, but with a tear stained face and still hyperventilating.

I realize more than anyone how tough these times are and how much EVERY PENNY counts. But the one girl lost her job because some customers complained about her service. Is the customer's word ALWAYS the truth? She is a single working mother who teaches in middle school and works in our restaurant on weekends to help make ends meet. Could her service have been SO bad that she deserved to lose her job ? I know this girl pretty well and just don't think so. Do you think that these customers know they got her fired..or just laughed about the fact that they got some free food because they complained about a server? What the managers are trying to do is show us that they are serious about stepping up our service and performance and I totally understand that, but they have about ten deadbeats that NEVER give the job any type of dedication or could care less about the company...GET RID OF THEM!

Get rid of the ones who are always calling out of work or showing up late. Get rid of the ones who are in the rest room texting their friends, get rid of the ones who don't help out running food or doing their side work. Why do they choose to make an example out of one of our better servers just on the hear say from a table of disgruntled customers?

I was more than ready to leave work early tonight. I know that my managers know how hard I work and how good of a job I do not only at my tables but in the back of the house as well. It justs disgusts me to see a perfectly good employee rail roaded out the door because of ONE complaint.

To the "Complainers"

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

Til next time...COTTON

1 comment:

Lynsey said...

Shut your mouth... I really hope this isn't who I think it is!!! We will talk in the morning!