Friday, September 18, 2009

Dang! Talk About Getting SCALPED

Just got home from the game...our first loss 13-9.

My husband and I went to the game, pulled into the stadium and were told that it was $2.00 to park . How ridiculous is that? Is there going to be some kind of shuttle bus to drop me off at the ticket booth where they want $14.00 more to get in...they must have ushers that will show us to our seats...I was kinda looking forward to that...DIDN'T HAPPEN.

WAIT...it gets better.

After the halftime show I walked to the concession stand with my daughter just to chat and of course give her money to eat. While we were in line the man in front of us commented "They don't have change."

I asked what he was talking about and he told me they had ones but no coins. If you bought something for $2.25 and handed them a five, you would get two dollars back. How much money did they make off of THAT scam? I bet they had coins on the home side of the field...but we weren't allowed over there. (NO DUH)

I gave my girl all the quarters, nickels and dimes I had in my pocket and went back to the stands to sit with my husband.

A lot of the mothers who have guard girls wear shirts with their daughters names on them....my daughter once told me that they had a really "cool"one that said "Guard Moms Gone Wild" and asked If I wanted one. I politely declined. I have already sunk over a grand into this thing and although I think it is a FANTASTIC program, in our current situation my husband suggested me getting a tee shirt that read "Guard Mom Gone Broke."
I laughed for a good five minutes...he can be pretty witty when the mood strikes him.

We had some shaky calls by the Ref's...my husband said the Ref's probably got all the parking money and half of the "mark up" from concessions....DANG, is he trying to be funnier than me?

We lost, but only by 4 points and they never even led til the 4th quarter. I told my husband that with the point spread their school most certainly had going while taking bets during the pep rally this afternoon before the game, we probably would have won .

They were the Seminoles, we were the Indians...but I feel like THEY did the scalping. I felt like hiding in a wig wam and hoping they didn't notice I was from the OTHER tribe.

No comments: