Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Crisis Averted...This Time

Thank goodness it wasn't the Swine Flu...but I HAVE figured out that my kids are pigs.

Just got home from work and Massey's room looks like she has been living in it without coming out for at least a year. Cups, empty water bottles, clothes covering so much of the floor that you can't even see the carpet. Empty soup bowls with spoons stuck to the side and notebooks and school books every where. At least she stayed in her room WITH her illness.

Zach was a nomad patient. I'd leave for work and he would be propped up in my king size bed (I made him stay on my husband's side) then when I got home he would be on the living room couch taking a nap. When he woke up he would move to the den to watch TV for a while. Let me point out that there is a TV in the living room as well...guess he needed a change of scenery. Then he'd go into his own room to listen to his i pod while I scurried behind him with a can of Lysol chasing the germs away. Sometimes he would just sit at the kitchen table while I was cooking, hacking his head off and causing more work for me once he decided to take his germs into a room he hadn't yet contaminated.

My husband calls him a wanderer...I call him a "wonderer." I wonder why he has to sit in every chair and sofa in the house and use a different blanket every time he lays on a different piece of furniture?

They have both been pretty sick though and since I felt sorry for them, I kept my trap shut and my Lysol can open.

I waited on a man who works for the CDC at work tonight and asked what the difference was between the regular Flu and the Swine Flu. He said basically there isn't much difference, they just don't have a vaccine for the Swine Flu, but with young healthy adults, it should just pass like any other flu. The elderly and really young are most at risk for complications.

That made me feel much better...except for the fact that I have REALLY been feeling "Elderly" lately!

All kidding aside, the kids are on the road to recovery, the house has been cleaned and cleaned and cleaned (Thanks, Zach.)

Now I just dread all the make up work they will both have...for Pete's sake, I can hardly get them to do their daily work, now I have three days of it to make sure they do so they don't get off track...they have both been doing so well this year.

I stayed up til 4 AM this morning cleaning, scrubbing and washing sheets and comforters. When my head hit the freshly decontaminated pillow I was out like a light.

They both slept until after one and when I left for work at 3 they were both asleep again. They have both been drained and I could tell they truly felt bad.

They both seemed almost back to par when I got home from work tonight and it made me feel much better. I guess I can cancel the appointment with the vet after all!

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: