Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Not Tonight Honey... I Have a Headache

Dang, it took me thirty minutes just to get the photos in order so I could tell my little story...not to mention that my kids have my space bar sticking on my keyboard (of course 'They Haven't Been Eating while sitting at the computer')...BLAH BLAH BLAH !
So today is my 19th wedding anniversary. Nineteen years ago today I wore this ridiculous dress and married Tim at his parent's house. I gained a husband and a step son all in one afternoon . I look at these photos and wonder in amazement where all the years have gone...til I look in the mirror. Obviously they have all stuck to my face! The lines, wrinkles and gray hair say what the 99 Lbs don't. I age, I just don't get fat.
It has been a ride...it has been an adventure and it has been a job. A job that pays with kisses, hugs and memories (not all from Tim, mostly from my kids ...but that is what you get when you marry an opposite.)
I truly don't know how he has stayed with me for 21 years. We were together for two years before we married and have been in it for the long haul from the beginning. He came out of a terrible divorce and I swooped in to save him. It seemed like such a good idea at the time ...
Little did I know that 19 years down the road I would have three kids, gray hair and an unemployed husband. The unemployed part is TOTALLY NO FAULT OF HIS OWN... but has been of great concern for him as well as me. It has been the most stressful year of our 21 years together but if we can pass this point in our relationship together...we can do ANYTHING.
I have a back that goes out about twice a year, a bad knee from entering the speed skate for mothers at skate night when the kids were in elementary school and corns on my pinkie toes from three decades of waiting tables and carpel tunnel from carrying plates to tables on a daily basis. As my husband once said when I reminded him of all my ailments..."Baby, you really make yourself sound attractive."
But he is still with me and my loud self. I am a tirade of verbal diarrhea from the moment I wake up til the minute that the three dogs quit listening at night. I go like crazy from the minute I crawl out of bed until I hit the pillow at 2 AM, back up by 7 AM to start it all again. My husband is as laid back as I am hyper, we are two totally different people with one common goal.
Raise our family, love the kids no matter what and try to save some love for JUST us.
My husband has been helping me stretch out my legs at night because they wake me with cramps all night long. I didn't think he paid much attention to me typing my blog every night, but tonight when I asked for a second stretching session he said "Not tonight honey, I have a headache."
Go figure...maybe they just like to play stupid and hope that it works to their benefit...it may for him tonight!!
Til next time...COTTON
PS you can click on these photos to see them in original size...the dress may be tacky, but I look MUCH younger !!







No comments: