Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Current Destin"y"

OMG...I am headed for the beach for the first time in years.

A great friend of mine that I have known since I was 14 has invited Massey and me to come stay with her in Destin for three days.

I don't think I have ever been more excited about a get away weekend. It will be Massey's and my first "girls trip" and it is WAY OVERDUE.

My friend was lucky enough to retire... move to Destin and has graciously invited us to stay with her for a weekend.

Massey has been packed for two days. I have been working but will throw some crap in a bag at the last minute and off we will go!

The last year of my life has been a blur. It has all worked out for the best and I can breathe again without constant heart palpitations. Massey has been caught in the cross hairs...old enough now to know that we hit rock bottom but smart enough to know she can rely on us as parents to make it through the storm.

This weekend is going to be amazing. No boys...no husbands just two chicks off for a ride in a car and winding up on the sandy shores of Destin.

The owner's of my restaurant were gracious enough to give me three days off and Massey and I are "Fleeing the scene of the crime."

I don't care if I end up digging my toes into a tar ball. I don't care if it rains. I don't care if a hurricane blows through (well maybe I care about THAT one) but at least we'll still be at the beach with good friends and will have a relaxing wonderful time.

Massey needs this trip almost more than me. I have been high strung for over a year. My weight has dropped and my blood pressure has shot up. Until I got my new job I was a literal basket case and think the kids were googling assisted living homes for me.

I am back!

I am at a new job I love, my husband has a great future with a great company and tomorrow I get new tires on my car! The steel belts have been showing on my tires for over two months and I hunch my shoulders up every time I go over a speed bump or hit a curb (which Massey says I do a LOT.)

The money Gods have smiled on me at work, the GREAT God in the Heavens has blessed me beyond belief and once again I am feeling normal.(okay, NORMAL for me.)

I am so excited about this trip. It is only a weekend get away but for me and Massey to have three days together with one of my oldest and dearest friends is something I thought would never happen again after the last twelve months.

You sink into a depression and you think that life will never get better. Then you realize that so many people love you so many people care about you and that THESE people will take you from the darkness of depression and deliver you into the light of Hope.

I have been a lucky person all of my life.

I have taken some hits...losing my Mom unexpectedly when I was seventeen and losing my Dad to West Nile suddenly when I was 42.

But you know what? Through every tragedy, through every travesty I have always been backed by God and supported by family that still remain and friends that still cared.

WOO HOO..We are headed off Friday for 3 days that I have needed for a LONG LONG time.

I can almost smell the salt water now. I can almost feel that constant humid breeze blowing through my two inch hair. I can feel the love of a dear friend calling me to relax for 3 days and regroup.

This trip is going to be the best therapy I have had since that lobotomy Tim gave me as a wedding present...or was that a 'bottle in front of me?'

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: