Thursday, December 31, 2009

Once in a Blue Moon...

Tonight is New Year's Eve...Thank the Lord this year is almost over. It is a "Blue Moon." The only thing that really means is that we have a full moon twice in one month, but it still seemed pretty cool so I went out back and took a picture.
The old Dickens's novel comes to mind when I think of this past year. "It was the best of times and it was the worst of times."
It was the worst of times because we had such a stressful and unfortunate year. It was the best of times because I have family and friends that have helped us through .
Work was a mad house. In the server world we call it "Amateur Night." People that don't normally go out but come out and don't have a clue as to how to treat a server. My first tip was $1.35 on a $60.00 tab. Next was $4 on a fifty dollar tab....and so on and so on.
Of course I had some really nice tips and as it usually seems to do...I came out on the good end of the average.
I was just glad to be at home when midnight rang in the New Year. Tim is at work, I am home with my two youngest kids...an extra teen thrown in that I love (Massey's best friend) and my three pups.
This year is over. This year is done.
I have a new year to look forward to and will make the most of it.
I am almost fifty and have only had one really bad year...I think I am doing pretty good.
The fireworks are going off outside and I am warm and snug in my home with my kids and dogs and couldn't imagine wanting to be any where else.
"Once in a blue moon" you will have a bad year...and I had that.
As Forest Gump said "Shit happens" and as Scarlett said "There is always tomorrow."
I am just grateful to be alive to see them both through.
Happy New Year to each and every one of you and 'Thank You' for loving and getting me through to the other side.
2010...HERE I COME !!!
Til next time...COTTON

No comments: