Saturday, December 12, 2009

The upload is blurry...but of course the program is thirty one years old. It's hard to believe that thirty one years have passed since I graduated from high school.

Tonight we had our Christmas reunion. An all year reunion that we have been having a couple of times a year (we like to party.)

There were people there that graduated in the 50's and people that graduated in the 80's. That's the great thing about my high school. As the years have passed we get together more and more often....we may have gone to Russell and may not be the smartest but we are the most dedicated to keeping in touch and I have made many new friends at these get togethers.

We had people from the fifties out on the dance floor doing dances that I don't even remember but they were pretty darn good at . I thought they may break into a "Jitterbug" at any given moment or at least whip out THEIR jitterbug to call a classmate that wasn't there yet to see if their Rascal had had broken down or were looking for the handicap entrance. I will say that the women from the fifties class certainly haven't forgotten about sequins or leather and dress to the nines at these reunions.

Some of the ones from the sixties were in denim or tank tops and the ones from my era were dressed normal (that's because I am one of them and want to feel good about myself.)

My high school was very eclectic. We had preppies, sluts, brainy kids...misfits, snobs and jocks. We had pot heads and ones who gathered around smoking Marlboro's. Years ago we would never have mingled or intertwined our lives but as our ultimate demise comes screaming closer and closer we have bonded and all come together to realize that we are ALL getting older.

Thirty years ago four years of difference in age was huge. Today it is simply a blip on the radar of life.

I am truly lucky to have gone to a school that still has that bond of all being WILDCATS (our mascot) and continues to remain Wildcats.

What an appropriate mascot.

A varied but committed bunch of people that grew up in the greatest community you could ever imagine.

It felt good to get out and have a night to myself and see old friends and make a few new ones.

Several people came up to me and said they liked my blogs. People that I had never even met. That was a really good thing for me to hear...my own Christmas present from the people I grew up with.

A fun night...just what I needed.

No comments: