Thursday, December 3, 2009

Guess I Need "Apps For Dummies"


I didn't mean for these pics to be so out of whack...but they are a few of my faves from Christmas' past. You can click on them and see them larger...Dang, GOOD TIMES...they WILL return!



















Just got home from work, passing Tim as he heads out the door TO work. This reminds me of when we first got married and I worked all nights and he worked the early morning bakery route.


It was painfully slow at work although any shift at work seems painful to me these days.


Ran into a friend from FB in the restaurant. She was my brother's age so I really didn't know her in school. When you are younger 5 or 6 years difference in age means a lot. She was with her mother (still sharp as a tack) and since it was slow I had time to chat with them about growing up in East Point. We knew a ton of the same people and it was fun reminiscing about old times.


Came home and checked out Facebook to see about a zillion requests and invitations from various people. I don't normally look at them but since it said "over 100 other requests" I took a look. I really have no idea what any of them mean or whether I should respond. I see a lot of pillows beings thrown, hearts being sent, hugs given and the latest rage seems to be "someone sent you a Christmas present...you may not be able to open it til Christmas morning."



There's an idea! If only I knew what the presents were, maybe I could get up REALLY early on Christmas morning and unwrap them, decide which of my kids they would suit the best...re wrap them and put tags on all of them and scream upstairs "SANTA CAME, SANTA CAME...come look what he brought you!!"



Luckily my kids are old enough now to realize that this will be a slim to anorexic Christmas and still they seem okay with that.


You know, Massey really likes those little white powdered doughnuts and Zach would be happy with two huge boxes of Lucky Charms (they're magically delicious.) I think my oldest son would be happy finding out Christmas morning that we are still letting him live here and eat up all our food and we will continue to feed his dog as well.


I get nervous when I click on an app and it says "by clicking on this application you give full access to your profile and information, etc..." It's not like I work for the FBI or have anything that anyone would want, but I worry about viruses and the last thing I need is a computer crash.



My friends on Facebook have been so supportive and nice to me that I feel bad not accepting their various gifts. HEY! I could use a hug, a kiss..a heart given, or even a Christmas present but I have no idea what it means, other than people are sending well wishes my way. Call me stupid (you'd be right) but I am just not that into all the apps, mafia wars and farmville stuff. Just connecting with friends is enough for this old girl. Knowing my luck I would click on an app and it would be one of our creditors. This close to Christmas I just can't take that chance.



Christmas will be fine, I am sure of it. Years down the road we will all laugh and talk about "Do you remember that ONE Christmas when we got powdered doughnuts , Lucky Charms and you let TJ keep living in your Old Lady's room?"


I am going to HAVE to get over the hate that I feel for my job, suck it up and work my butt off from now til Christmas. Get the bills paid and somehow go and get at least one nice small present for each of my three kids. And you know what? Knowing my kids like I do, they will be grateful for what they should . We are making the best of a bad situation and still have a home, heat and food . Granted there has been lots of tomato soup and grill cheese sandwiches...but this too shall pass!


Everything will be okay. I have plenty of decorations in the attic and can go back in the woods and chop a tree down. What matters is that we are together and love each other.



Dang! I can hardly wait for the Christmas we all sit around and laugh about this one.


Til next time... a truly grateful Cotton






No comments: