Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Rebound Shift

Went into work today with that same ole chip on my shoulder "I hate my job now" only to be beaten to death with one of the busiest shifts I have worked in a while. I was so busy that I almost forgot to be paranoid. Of course I was still paranoid...I kept thinking all the managers were huddled together to talk about me and my performance (they probably were) but once I pulled it all together I walked out the door with over $220. In one shift I managed to make over my goal and think I did pretty well as far as my service goes. I work again in the morning and if no one calls and complains about tonight I will feel satisfied.

I HAVE to keep this job for now. It is less than three weeks to Christmas and I would be an idiot to quit at this point in the game. I pray that if I can make it through the holidays I will be okay. Once the New Year hits....... I am really going to make some changes.

Focusing on my writing and focusing on working in a positive environment.

Yesterday was a blast. I got to the parade late (SEC tourney traffic) and missed Massey's band marching by, but recorded it at home and was so proud to see how much face time she got from the camera man. It was colder than the Antarctic and I had to pay ten bucks to park my car but to be there for my girl I would do it all again.

Tonight at work my faith was renewed . I AM A GOOD WAITRESS and my shift proved it.

I am working every day til Christmas and for the first time I am working Christmas Eve night. It's not like I have to put out "Santa Claus" and my teens have been wonderful and understanding. It's one year out of our lives that may not be 'candy' but will still be sweet.

If business keeps up the brisk pace I can get the bills paid and give each of my children a nice gift and some underwear and socks thrown in.

Thanks to all for the love and support.

Ya know, I am almost excited about just having a Christmas that is about the reason and not the hype of the season.

I am baking brownies tomorrow and chocolate chip cookies are close behind. Geez, I wish I knew how to make those cheese straws my mom used to make. Anybody know how? They had a peppery taste.... a little hot. Let me know if you have the recipe.

Christmas is coming and once again I am reminded why.

Christ was born ...lived his life and died so that we could live.

I am alive and grateful to be baking cookies and brownies.

Let me know about that cheese straw recipe...ANYBODY???

Til next time..Cotton

No comments: