Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Feliz Navidad

Well my four dozen chocolate chip cookies and pan of brownies didn't make it 24 hours in my house. I went to work at ten this morning and got off around nine tonight. The only thing left were crumbs and an empty platter.
The kids enjoyed them and I enjoyed making them happy. A friend emailed me the recipe for cheese straws so I guess I'll see how long THEY will last when I make them tomorrow! I may have to help with the rapid disposal of those (one of my favorites.)
It was almost 70 degrees outside today...complete turn around from yesterday and tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid twenties. Only in the South!!

Tonight was crazy at work (thank goodness) people are finally coming out for Christmas parties and thankfully a lot of them are choosing our restaurant. If my bad hip, carpal tunnel and corns on my pinkie toes don't get any worse I think it will be a good run at work the next couple of weeks. The renovations are in their final days and the store looks great and that is a big boost for business.
Tim has gotten another part time job...doesn't pay much but will be a definite help. I cannot say enough about the resilience and amazing faith that my husband has shown over these last few months. As if living with me wasn't enough of a challenge he has remained steadfast in his belief in himself and has been a great stay at home dad to our kids. He has them spoiled rotten with his taking them to school every morning when he gets home from work and cooks for them when I am at work .
It has been a crazy year for us but thankfully it is almost over and we are all looking ahead to the new year being a great one for our family.
I am including a short video of our "Short" dog Charlie. He is short in stature and even shorter in the brain department. I got the vacuum cleaner out the other night and before it was even plugged in he went into battle mode...you know, "Shoot and run like hell." He is the biggest sissy around a Hoover that I ever met. He acts all big and bad but push the appliance toward him and he runs for the hills....or for the steps in his case. I just thought it was so funny I would share it with you.
Til next time... Algodon (Feliz Navidad) ...that's a shout out to mi amiga, Deb Stearns !
The other pictures are of Rosie the reindeer and the kids when it snowed one Christmas.

No comments: