Monday, December 14, 2009

Tis the Season...

Even though it isn't a Christmas picture this is one of my all time favorites of my favorite (only) daughter. This was when she was too young to want anything but love and an occasional tootsie pop.


I've been back and forth from the high school three times today...squeezing in a full days work between and cooking dinner. She is back up there now handing out the programs for the bands' Christmas concert. I'm sending TJ to pick her up...let him earn that free dinner!


The band director had sent me an email saying that they still needed items for the family they were sponsoring for Christmas. I was too embarrassed to say I was broke so I took some of the money I made last night and bought the little boy two shirts his sister two pair of shoes and the DVD "UP" for the both of them. When I saw the sizes the band director had sent for the clothes and shoes I knew that they were small children...the ages that still believe in Santa.


I am lucky. My kids are old enough to know and understand this Christmas , these young kids are just excited that in a little over a week they will wake up and have presents from Santa. To think that in some small way we helped them is a good feeling for me. In the grand scheme of things...it was the right thing to do (no one tell my husband.)


After my last trip to the school I stopped to pump my five dollars in gas (I think short term.)


There was a very elderly man (at the least late eighties) in the gas station asking some young boys how to get somewhere. The place he was asking about sounded like it was in Peachtree City. We live in Newnan. The young boys tried to help him (he looked like he needed help just to get back to his car.) Finally the man asked if he was in Peachtree City and the two boys told him he was in Coweta County...Peachtree City is in Fayette County. He was so lost I felt like putting him in my car with its five dollars worth of gas and driving him to his destination in the neighboring county.


The boys tried at least three times to tell the older gentleman how to get to Fayette County...I don't think he heard them or understood. I thought about how lost he must feel driving so far from home. I went back outside to get in my car and a group of people (there is always a group of people smoking) outside of the station were watching the old codger struggle back to his van. I felt better knowing that he was driving a big "Cushion" vehicle until I noticed his license plate..Fayette County.


For Pete's sake he had left his OWN county and ended up in ours looking for a place that he had obviously overshot by at least 15 miles. I commented to the "smoking guns" staring in his direction: "Next stop Carroll County."


I hope that he made it safely .


I wish every one well. What goes around comes around and I am hoping upon hope that the Earth has shrunken with all the global warming my turn is close at hand.
Not complaining... I am feeling pretty good. Things are tight... so tight I feel like I had a face lift without the results. But as long as I keep on giving and trying...it will come back to me.
My family is incredibly happy this holiday season...we are together and have bonded like never before. It's the little things in life that make the big picture easier to see.
Merry Christmas... and it truly is one for us. Hope yours is as blessed .
There is nothing like being made aware of how lucky you are and how much you have taken for granted for so long .
Keep your faith, keep your values and everything wil be okay!
HO HO HO !!!






No comments: