Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Cookin' at The Cotton's


Worked today...got off around five and headed out in the most dismal weather you can imagine. Cold and rainy. Seems to be the norm around here as of late. It will take my back yard til Spring to completely dry out. It was just drizzling so I stopped to pump five dollars worth of gas (my husband says the gas station attendants laugh at me when I do ) but it will get me home and back to work tomorrow and back home again where I have a gas can half full in case I finally misjudge.
I stopped at Publix to pick up some groceries for dinner since the radio said more rain was coming. I came out to a deluge...I think I may have even seen some cats and dogs dropping down. I parked my cart by the building , ran to my car and pulled up next to the store to load my groceries. I called the house from a couple of blocks away to tell Zach to open the garage door for me. He said he was snug in his bed upstairs. I told him I would "Snug" him if he didn't open the garage door that HE broke the opener for. It must have all come back to him because when I pulled in the drive the garage door was open.
Had a wonderful dinner, fixing a new recipe that I found in a magazine. Shrimp with Orzo pasta, fresh baby spinach... roasted grape tomatoes and feta cheese with fresh dill. YUM YUM...
Massey had practice til 9:30 so after dinner I baked chocolate chip cookies and brownies. The kitchen smelled wonderful with all the goodies baking. Three pups laying around my work space, Christmas carols on the radio (trying to win that $5000.00 from B 98.5) and I felt pretty content.
Zach wanted to go to Blockbuster and since I had forgotten paper towels at the store I took him . He seemed to take forever so I sent him a text "I am leaving." He sent me a text back "I am deleting your blogs." I got a chuckle out of that one! We swung by the store for paper towels and came back home to the delicious aroma of Christmas baking.
He's still stewing about being in a video on my blog but I think secretly he likes it. Massey came in from practice and had some dinner and cookies. My oldest son came through for us today with some rent money and I feel pretty good about life.
If ain't perfect, but you know what? It's good.
I have customers at work that come in almost daily and are like family to me (shout out to Miss Donna and Miss Sally) they know all about my three kids and ask about them on a regular basis. My daughter knows both of these women and has eaten or sat with them many times in the restaurant. My whole family knows about both of them from either meeting them or hearing me talk about them. It's nice to have extended family. To me that only means extended love and all of us can use that.
I am going to take my camera to work and take some pictures of my favorite customers...just to put faces with the words I write. I could do about ten blogs about the people I have met and come to love while working in my store.
It may sound crazy... and that is normal coming from me but I am almost looking forward to Christmas. I realize what I don't have but also see what I DO have. A great family..crazy kids to keep me laughing... a husband that loves me (he must be crazy too) and friends that have helped me every step of the way.
The cookies and brownies smell sweet and delicious but the thought that I am loved is the sweetest thing I can think of .
Merry Christmas...mine truly is "A Wonderful Life."
PS. I only put this pic of me and Tim on the blog because I looked so young in it (a little Christmas present to myself)
Til next time...Christmas Cotton

No comments: