Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Year...Is That You I See ?

A New Year has arrived...Thank the Lord.

The old year is behind me, like the dimples on the back of my thighs....and just as easily forgotten.
My husband is working three part time jobs and for some unknown reason I have hung on to my one.
The weather is so cold that I think my nipples may be permanently hard and my feet may never warm up again.
I have been sick for the last four months but after sleeping twelve hours on Friday and fourteen on Saturday I felt much better today when I went to work. It is true what they say about sleep helping... maybe a doctor visit might help but I feel 100% better and know now that I HAVE to take care of myself before I can expect to be able to take care of my family.
That dastardly year had gone away and I feel relief in the air. I have been blessed beyond my wildest imagination by friends and family and owe more than Bernie Madoff does to all of them (slight exaggeration.)
WE MADE IT !!!
2010 will be a new start...a new year and a new path to go down. I look forward to it with optimism and hope. I look forward to it because so many people have helped us through the last year and have made the hope possible.
All I ask for is for is for God to turn the heat back on in the South....my nipples are embarrassingly small !
I hope that every one is blessed to have wonderful family and friends...they are what get you through times of desperation and despair. If you don't have that advantage, be sure to call out for help...someone will be your Angel....it may even be me, and I will do my best to help you any way I can.
Til next time....a STRONGER Cotton

No comments: