Thursday, January 28, 2010

Three Kids Asleep...Three Kids Still Up

Just walked in from work. Didn't think tonight would ever end! At least the kids were all in bed and the house is nice and quiet. My OTHER three kids were still awake and waiting right by the kitchen door for Mama to come in and give them some loving.

The tipping Gods smiled upon me tonight...it seemed they were just throwing money at me and thank goodness I am a pretty good "Catcher On The Fly." (little shout out to JD Salinger.)


Every table I had was nice ...only one guy left me $5 on a $48 tab. Hey! Not bad all in all. You know what they say "One bad apple."

I was so tired when I went in at four that I almost asked to go home. I've worked the past seven days and have seven more to go. Once it starts getting busy though I am alright...just takes a while for this ole woman to get her engine running sometimes. I work with mostly all young people in their early twenties...well "I" work...mostly they complain and hide in the bathroom with their cell phone texting their friends about how awful it is to have to be at work on Karaoke night. They probably add those little musical notes in their text (where do they find those? I've often wondered.) It took me forever to just learn how to make smiley faces with punctuation marks.

I was glad I hung in there ... made better money than I have made all week, so the back ache and twisted ankle I have been limping on for three days felt better til I went to the back of the kitchen to check out and stepped in a huge puddle of water that soaked both my feet and made the rode home cold and damp.

Once in the house the dogs couldn't seem to stay away from my shoes...they could care less if it is kitchen slop, just smells like steak to them and I had to put my shoes in the garage for them to settle down for their "blog picture."

Tim had an interview today WOO HOO ! I was long gone to work when he got back and now he is at Wally World stocking shelves so I won't talk to him til morning. I hope it went well. The other night when I rolled the trash out to the street I saw a beautiful falling star and made a wish for Tim. I think it was God telling me to hang in there just a bit longer and wanted to send me a sign that he was still looking out for us.

Time to go iron a shirt for tomorrow...if I iron a shirt the night before and take a bath...it gives me thirty more minutes in the bed in the morning . I have myself on a strict 20 minute schedule from wake up to walking out the door for work. With my low maintenance hair and a pre ironed shirt sometimes I can make it out the door in 15 minutes. I've thought about shaving my head like Britney Spears did and sleeping in my car with my cell phone as an alarm clock and I can knock it down to 10 minutes EASY!

Tomorrow is a day shift (my favorite kind) and I can spend the entire night with the kids and cook them an actual meal that doesn't involve a microwave.

It is such a relief to at least have Tim back to work even if it is part time (I know it is a HUGE relief for him) and I have three great kids that haven't complained once in the past year.

I think my dogs are secretly trying to teach each other how to speak English so they can bitch...but they are dummies and will never master it (I hope.) Thank goodness they say English is the hardest language to learn!

Thanks to everyone that reads my blog, helps me out and prays for me. Your prayers are so important to me and I can feel the tide changing.

Just pray it's not a tsunami!

Til next time...An older, tired but hopeful COTTON




No comments: