Sunday, January 10, 2010

Still Reeling From My Fall...

At least my lip has healed past the point of looking like the biggest cold sore on the planet. My temple is still so sore that it hurts to put gel in my hair.

I went to Home Depot a couple of days ago to buy some weather stripping for my doors that send in cold air like it was sent an invitation. The guy told me to take the door off of the hinges to replace the bottom sweep I had bought. I thought about it and decided I would keep the beach towels in place for a couple more days. I just couldn't see taking my front door off the hinges while I replaced the bottom weather strip. For Pete's sake... the house would be down to forty degrees inside before I could get the door back on. At least I have all the materials and if it warms up in the next day or two I will get it done then.

Work blessed me once again with a good shift and I am getting closer to my house note...due this week and being drafted out of my already "Drafty" checking account. I picked up a double shift tomorrow and if I can pick up one more I think I will make it.

This new year has been a blessing...just to see the old one go away has been an incentive to feel better.

The kids don't have to go to school til 10:30 on Monday because of the Arctic freeze that has invaded us and they are both happy about that. Zach cooked Italian sausages with peppers and onions on hoagie rolls (rolls compliments of work) when I got home and now the kids are all fed and snuggled in bed.

The dogs are fed and laying at my feet ...ready to go join me on the king size bed while Tim is at work. Laundry is almost caught up...house is semi clean and after a quick run through with the vacuum downstairs I am headed to bed to watch some "Investigation Discovery" and be back to work in the AM.

Tim had an interview last week for a VERY promising job as a transportation manager and will hear about it this week . Keep your fingers crossed...this could be the break that makes!!!


Glad that the cold is going away...glad my scars are going away and hoping for some good news tomorrow.

Night night !!

Til next time COTTON

3 comments:

Walter said...

Fingers are crossed...good luck Tim!!

Frances said...

So glad to hear that something maybe in the works for Tim. I will do more than keep my fingers crossed. I will say a little prayer for him. I always look for your blog everytime I go on the computer. F

Joannah said...

saying a prayer, and crossin em! Good luck Tim! I hope you are healing quick Kell...nothin like havin to wait tables with a lip boo boo.