Monday, January 4, 2010

Ready to Bust Out...2010...So Excited

I know my friend Lisa will like this pic and video being the dog lover she is (NOT) but my pups are so cute I had to include them. I even threw in the video of my nephew's pup that came to visit on Christmas day.
The one of the dogs looking through the fence is thanks to the bulldog trying to chew his way through the gate (idiot.) The funny thing is, when he chewed this gap between the gates and got out of the back yard...all he did was come sit on the front porch and look in the window waiting for someone to let him in. Not the sharpest tool in the shed but we love him anyway.

Christmas and New Year's is over. The kids have one more day of winter break and then it's back to the grindstone (or millstone in Zach's case.) It's been nice having them home. I never understand parents that dread school holidays. Of course if you raise your kids to be little snots you get what you deserve. I think I must have done pretty well because I adore being around my kids!!

Massey sent me at LEAST five texts while I was at work today. She was at a 9 to 9 practice at the high school and her last one was a request for me to bring her dinner at five. I got off work and went to make a bank deposit and took her some dinner to the school. She said she thought they might get out early and I told her I was going to the grocery store ..."Just let me know and I will come get you."

I left and headed to the grocery store. I got one mile away from the school and heard that little tone on my cell...a text from Massey.


"Come get me."

For Pete's sake...could they have not ended the practice while I was sitting on the gym floor watching her for ten minutes? The world of being a guard parent has no rhyme or reason I have quickly learned so I turned my car around and went back to the school to pick her up.

We came home and I heated up some left over spaghetti (left over spag is the BEST.)

It is so cold outside that even the dogs hate going out. The GOOD thing is that the ground is frozen so solid that the mud around my back door doesn't come in with the twelve paws anymore. I have used my beach towels more this Winter than I did all Summer wiping their feet every time I let them in. It has rained so much that my dogs have made a mud track around my back patio that is thick enough to have half naked women wrestle in (there's an idea for extra money.)

We are all snug in our house, dinner was easy and I have brownies baking in the oven (cake like...3 eggs.)

Hard to believe that it is 2010 but I am happy a New Year is here.

Love my kids, love the fact that they are all like me...high strung and always wantin' something. I love my pups who never want anything but a pat on the head and a bowl of water and some dog food.

Love my life...my crazy always changing life.

Every one have a great 2010... I plan on it!

Til next time..COTTON


PS excuse the language in the movie playing on the video...Zach and TJ rented it (note to self...never send them to get a video without being specific.) THAT'S MY BOYS

Be sure to click on the photo of my pups they are so cute up close!! (especially YOU Lisa)

No comments: