Monday, September 28, 2009

On a Lighter "NOTE"

The high school had a band exhibition tonight...five bands attended and put on their shows. I , of course was in the concession stand (thank the Lord NO funnel cakes) and only went out to film my daughter's band performance. I filmed the entire show for once and it was too big to upload so I just filmed a snippet of them warming up. I can't brag enough about the excellence of this program she has joined. The camaraderie and closeness of this particular group of kids is a fascinating thing. The involvement from the parents is outstanding and the thing that makes it work. Hey! At least I've worked my way up from funnel cakes to the actual concession stand. I just have video of the guard girls coming into the stands before their performance and a video of the band warming up on the field, but it gives you a feel for what was happening. They did a terrific job and I nearly froze my butt off filming it. As a fifty year old woman constantly having hot flashes you would think I would be fine, but with the wind blowing and I having on a tank top and shorts I had more chill bumps than a savant could count. We had a good turnout and hopefully made some $$$ for the band. After the day I had at work, I needed some uplifting and the band gave it to me. They are a great group of kids under the leadership of a great band director. I may try to upload their entire performance on my FB page. Massey gets upset because I always film only a portion of the show... because I am thinking about how it will be too big to upload on my blog. But if you read my blog, you probably know me on Facebook so you can check it out there.

Happy to be home and warm, happy to still have a job...the dressing down wasn't pretty at work but I understood their point of view and am glad they kept me around. If it had been anyone else they would have been toast. Obviously I must be all that and a bag of chips! I am grateful to still have a job and have one less thing to worry about! Til next time...it won't be long, COTTON

No comments: