Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Three More Days

Looks like not only am I rounding the corner but almost there, in many ways.  Number one we kept our house,  not even Evander Holyfield managed to win that fight. I have a great job and Tim has a pretty good job. We are seriously close to being caught up to being current...another huge mile marker.

I almost burned myself out at work but after my meltdown on Father's Day, they made me cut back and I am grateful they did. I still loved my job but was killing MYSELF. We have a new server who is the younger old "Me." He works the ten and eleven shifts I used to work and I cut back to seven or eight. Last week was the slowest week in the restaurant year and the owner put it to me this way. "It's going to be a slow week. You can let me schedule you the same or take some shifts off  while it's not busy." He's a good man. He's a crazy man but a good one. It wasn't like it was the holiday season and I would be missing golden shifts so I agreed and worked five shifts. It was like a vacation. I cooked almost every night, got parts of the house dusted (baby steps) got some things around the house fixed and did lots of yard work.

It also gave me time to bond with our new puppy, Ziggy. He is one hot mess! I've needed to have my carpets cleaned for quite some time but  think we have sprayed every spot of carpet we have with Resolve carpet cleaner and scrubbed it with a dirty bath towel out of the hamper.  He's learning and I'm remembering how hard it is to house train a puppy. If he wasn't so stinking cute  I'd kill him. (totally kidding)

He's just so happy all the time. People diagnosed with depression should be prescribed to have a twelve week old boxer puppy. He gets excited when you just walk in a room. He gets excited when you cough or sneeze.  He lopes everywhere he goes on his tiny long legs yet can just as easily fall asleep  in ten seconds and be snoring in fifteen. It cracks me up the way he seems so happy with his boxer smile and the way he moves his head around like Ray Charles when you are talking to him.  He's been a good addition.

The older two dogs were hard sells but both love the little goofball now. Ham and Ziggy  play out back at night endlessly when I am reading on  the back deck. Charlie loved him from  the get go but  after the fight he had with Ham,  has kinda shied away from letting Ziggy bite on his jowls. (the ones Ham ripped apart)

We got Zig from a co worker of mine. He's AKC registered. I wanted one of the pups right off the bat when they were born but knew I couldn't spend money on a new dog. I'm a huge dog lover but I am also a wife and mother. First things first.

Lucky for me, they sold several right off the bat for almost 4 bills a piece. Lucky for me also, they have a baby learning to crawl, the sire and dame still there and  four pups left. She knows how much I love boxers and finally said "Please come get one." I told her to pick out the one she didn't think would be her top seller and Massey would put the rest on Craig's List, complete with pics.

So she brought us Ziggy.

She knew I had two other males and chose the most laid back pup she thought would do well with my idiots. She done good. She said she had called him her little "Alien" because his eyes were wide apart and he has that huge knot on top of his head. She's right... but we love our little ET.

The kids have been really helping me out around the house as well and helped more than they will ever know. It's nice to come home and see the dishwasher unloaded and hear the dryer going. I came home last night and the bottom two floors of the house were vacuumed. Granted it's not Momma standards but I look at it this way, my job's halfway done.

Leaving in three days for vacation. Kinda scared...my job means clocking in and bringing home a pay check. I'm not clocking in for seven days and it has me worried. I've been saving money all week but only half way to my goal. I have two more shifts to bank big. I'm gonna rely on Karma and God to make it happen. I am taking every thing from the house I possibly can...condiments, saran wrap, napkins, toilet paper and all the food I can. Zach's staying here and I feel bad about not only leaving him but taking all his staples. He'll be fine (I hope) and gets paid on Tuesday.

I am bound and determined to make this trip and enjoy it.

Had a horrible start to my day. Last night I fell asleep on the sofa in the living room, waiting for the storms that never came...watching the weather channel.

I woke this morning bundled under a comforter,  on my back with my mouth wide open to  the sound of our phone ringing. Tim walked to the top of the stairs and said "It's for you." I turned on the TV and saw it was 10:56. I was supposed to be at work at 10:30.

I bolted into action, showered and got to work in under twenty five minutes. Thank the Lord they weren't busy and once again dodged a bullet. Had a great lunch shift and got home in time for a thirty minute siesta.

Two more shifts  to go  and I have an entire week to myself. Going to St. Augustine where my crazy mother in law and two brother in laws live  and really looking forward to it.

Packing up the peanut butter and crackers and every thing else I can take without leaving Zach totally destitute and giving myself a break from the past three years. We've invited my sister,  her hub and my brother to come down but they will most probs stay here and have a party because their needy sister is gone.

You know what? So many people have been so good to me the past three years...if you are near St. Augustine this next week, feel free to stop by. You can lay on the beach and eat crackers with us.

Til next time...turning in now so I don't oversleep again...COTTON




No comments: