Thursday, July 12, 2012

One More Shift

So it seems we're going day after tomorrow. Tim is excited and I am  apprehensive...he hates that about me.

I'm more worried about leaving Zach and three pups behind, me not making money for an entire week while spending it and wondering if we'll have enough of it to get by? Tim got really irritated with me this morning and I can't blame him, but over the past few years I have learned my forte' is "Worrying" and have become quite proficient. I want to take everything I can from the house but Zach will still be here so suppose I will have to choose wisely.

 Should I leave him the aluminum foil and take the saran wrap or will he really need either? How many rolls of toilet paper and paper towels will we need ?

Then I stop and think...I'm leaving Zach here not Martha Stewart or Oprah. He's twenty and gets paid on Tuesday. I'm packing it all up!

I worked the day shift today and of course it was slow since I am desperate for money. I work tomorrow night...my last shift before leaving and have prayed for it to be balls to the wall busy. I have just decided to quit worrying about it and go!

We have been to St. Augustine several times since my mother in law lives there and have done all the tourist things, toured the Fort and drank from the fountain of youth (I need a rebate on  THAT one) even climbed the lighthouse.

This trip is to simply get away and we will simply do just that.

I'm taking my book, packing up everything I can to cut down on what we have to buy and driving away for a week, riding in the back seat and taking a seven hour nap to get things started out on the right foot.

I  thought this trip was all for Tim, God knows he deserves it...especially being married to me. Now I realize he is doing this for ALL of us and ALL of us need it.

Come what may, it will all work out.

God has gotten us through a lot worse...how bad can a week on the beach be? I have decided to throw caution to the wind and go with  the flow. I honestly cannot remember the last time I had a week off. I know it was with my family and my brother and sister in Destin but the year escapes me.

I am too hard on Tim but even harder on myself. It is time to let go and relax...and relax is exactly what I plan to do.

Going in for one more shift tomorrow night, making all the money I can and skimpily slinking out of  town. Making sure Massey takes her lap top and will keep you posted from what hopefully is a bit of paradise.

Til next  time...COTTON

2 comments:

LynneFtWorth said...

You deserve this vacation. Go and have a good time.

Auto'Blog'raphy of a Waitress & Mom said...

With God as my witness...I'm gonna.
Thanks!