Friday, July 27, 2012

Let The Games Begin

Worked a day shift yesterday and got home around five. Zach picked me up from work and we made an unavoidable visit to Wally World. I hate going there but where else are you gonna go when you need milk, a filter for your A/C unit, a staple gun and flea and tick meds for your dogs?

Charlie ate a hole in the fence over a year ago between the gates so he could stick his big doofus head out to see "Wassup."

It was fine when we had Rosie, Ham and Chaz. They could look through but were all too big to get out. Precious Rosie died last year and we finally got another boxer...Ziggy.
The friend I got him from said she used to call him "The Alien." She said his eyes were set wide apart and had a huge knot on his head. (Not to mention he is a total goofball)

Little Ziggy can squeeze right through Charlie's "Peep hole." I tried to think how to cheaply contain Ziggy and decided on chicken wire. I borrowed my neighbor, Mr. Slow Lee's staple gun; Then had to walk back over because I couldn't find my wire cutters  I have had for fourteen years and borrowed a pair from him. I rolled out some chicken wire between the privacy fence gates where Charlie had gnawed through and Ziggy now walked through. I was sweating like Mel Gibson at  The Apollo and when I put in the final staple looked up to see Ziggy smiling at me from the other side of the fence wanting to be let back in.

Let me interject, Ziggy  can tear down some chicken wire when he needs to be all "Seeing Wassup" in  the front yard.

I have borrowed Mr. Slow Lee's staple gun about five times since we got Ziggy and decided to just buy one. Of course I bought the cheapest one they had. I didn't have my glasses on but thought I bought the right size staples. I got home and loaded it. I tried about ten times on the fence and got NOTHING but dents in  the wood. I put it against my forehead and pulled the trigger with  the same result. No staple, just a dent :)

Took the staple gun back to Wally World when I got off today along with the unused missiles. (staples)

Seems they sold me an eight dollar staple gun they didn't sell staples for. Mine were the wrong size.

smh

I returned the gun and staples and bought a Stanley staple gun and a clip of Stanley ammo.

Came home and it was about 900 degrees outside. I peeled off my skirt and put on some shorts and stapled my heart out. That pup ain't going nowhere now!

I worked in  the yards for over seven hours day before yesterday when it was almost triple digits. Came home yesterday and raked up all the clippings and dumped them in the woods at the back of our property...not a short walk.

I worked today and came home to finally put the Kibosh on Ziggy's escape and felt like I was melting with every firing of the now working staple gun.

Went inside to lay down and  try to get the pounding to stop in my tiny chest. It started to pour rain and thunder outside and I let the Three Stooges in.  The lights blinked. The lightning hit... and "Then there went cyber space."

We were "Incommunicado."

Through no fault but my own, I was exhausted from days in the sun and days and nights at  work in almost as oppressive heat.

No cable, no phone, no Internet.

Sounded like a Siesta!

I called work and it was slow so I had ten more minutes of bliss on my back (with Ziggy on my head scared of the lightning)

I went back  to work. It was busier than I expected, with the storm and opening ceremonies of the Olympics. I wanted to DVR the ceremonies but since we were incommunicado I couldn't.

Came home with my knuckles scraping the ground and my face looking like I was using Crisco as make up.

Still no cable, internet or phone. "Rat Basts."

I called and complained. "Six hour outage?"

Not ten minutes later it came back on.
It's scary being without internet access!

I use it to check bank accounts, email, my blog and  keep in touch with my girl currently in Colorado.

The pups seems to be sequestered in the back yard, the internet is working again and I am going to bed to do it all again.

The ceremonies air again at  2:30 and I will DVR them. Cutting the front of the sub in the morning and headed back to work at 4:30.

Doesn't take long to get back in the groove...just wish I knew a quicker way out!

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: