Sunday, July 22, 2012

Reality It Must Be!

I dreaded going back to work today but it really wasn't that bad. I got lucky and an older gentleman with his family seemed  to really like me and left a 65% tip. "Welcome back!" I got off around 3:00 and didn't have to be back til 5:30 so I went home and jumped on Johnny boy. Obviously it rained here more than it did in Florida and my grass was ridiculously high. I cut my neighbor's first (since I had to borrow his gas can) and then cut mine. When I cut grass in a bathing suit top, daisy dukes and keep  the mower in fifth gear the whole time I don't sweat anymore than I do at work and it helped  enhance my tan!

I got through at 4:54. I sat out back with the pups under the patio umbrella to cool down and wiped what grass the dogs didn't lick off my legs with a towel and went inside to bathe off with a wet washcloth. Reapplied my melted makeup and deodorant and drove back to work with  the top down to blow the grass clippings out of my hair.

Heck, I only took three showers the whole week I was in Florida...unless you count swimming in  a chlorinated pool. (If you  do, I bathed twice every day)

I look at it this way...when I was kid I would take maybe two baths a week during the summer if I could get away with it  and only washed my hair once a week. We spent every day of the summer at  the public pool from ten in the morning til six at  night. My eyes would be as red as Cheech and Chong's from the chlorine but I felt clean every night!

 I took a long hot shower  this morning before going into work and besides it was 96 degrees in  the kitchen at work on OUR side of the line during lunch. Cutting grass was a definite "Cool Down."

Dinner was an easy shift too and I waited on another table that showed me some 45% love on their tab.

It's nice to be making money again. I already have Barb almost halfway paid back for the loan she floated me and still have money for groceries and even some to throw to the Verizon Giants.

The dogs have TOTALLY missed me. When Tim turned onto our street yesterday he said "Get  ready  to be attacked by  three dogs" and I was. The puppy was jumping around like he had lost his mind and the other two were almost just as happy to see me. I love dogs! They love so unconditionally and emphatically. They acted just as happy when I came in  the door from my lunch  shift today. "It's HER... It's HER again!"

Today at lunch I had one of the biggest chuckles I've had in a while. I was waiting on the sweetest elderly couple. He is a handsome Dapper Dan and she is still a beauty. They dress  to the nines and are so precious. They sat down at my table and I greeted them with "Well, if it isn't Barbie and Ken!"
The woman ordered Eggs Benedict and asked if she could order just one pancake? I told her she could order whatever she wanted. Then she acted all nervous and asked "What if I wanted a blueberry pancake?" I told her there would just be a small upcharge for the blueberries. She was thrilled. (Ole peeps are so easy  to make happy, that's one of the many reasons I love them. The other is that I will be one of them in just a few short years)

My coworker, Little Frenchy was standing next  to me at the computer when I was ringing in the order and had a brunch menu in her hand. I was trying to find out how much to charge for the blueberries and asked "Frenchy, what's the difference between regular pancakes and blueberry pancakes?"

She is the dearest sweetest woman I have ever met and hands down one of my favorite people.

She looked at me, and with great sincerity replied "Whens you order ze blueberry pancakes they  put ze blueberries insides of ze pancake."

That made me smile and I laughed about it for twenty minutes. She makes ME look like a fatty. She can't weigh 85 pounds soaking wet and is the hardest worker I have ever met and is loved by  all the servers.

Day one back to work wasn't so bad. I made some money at  lunch, came home and cut grass...went back to work and made some more money and had a few laughs. Life could be a heck of a lot worse!

Til next  time...COTTON


1 comment:

les lunettesde soleil pas cher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.