Friday, July 13, 2012

Stopping The Negative Thoughts...For At Least a Week

Of course it was slow at work tonight when I needed it to be slam banging. We are leaving in the morning for a week in St Augustine and I am desperately behind on my cash collecting for the trip.

I got lucky and was standing up front by  the host stand when some people that used to work with my brother came in and asked if I had a table?  They bumped me up quite a bit but I still  felt nervous.

I am a worrier...never used to be but have perfected my skills the past few years. I keep thinking "What if Massey gets really sick or we have car trouble?"

I get paid on Tuesday and since changing my exemptions have been getting a small paycheck.  I told the owner's wife if she could float me some emergency money I would sign over my check.

If you follow my blog or journey you know exactly what she said. "How long has it been since you have been on a real vacation?" I told her about four years.

She handed me two bills and said "Go relax and try not to think about all the money  you could be here making."

Zach worked a ten hour shift, got off around eight and had to come back to pick me up. We walked out the back door to my car and the owner's wife was getting into hers beside us. She got back out and handed me a box of Cornflakes and simply said "It was  the penny item at Publix this week,  thought you might want to eat breakfast too while you are there."

That was the turning moment. Even my bosses want me  to go and have a good time. Not only does she loan me money but worries about us as well.

 I came home and started packing up my kitchen. It's not like it was fully stocked but I took every staple I could. Cans of soup, took sugar and condiments. Packed up laundry detergent and dishwashing liquid, toilet paper and paper towels. Oops...forgot  the saran wrap. When  packing that up I decided on taking trash bags, paper napkins and a bottle of red wine Barb gave me a week ago.

Leaving Zach a detailed list of how to take care of three pups in this exhausting heat, when the trash needs to go out and a reminder to check the oil in my car. A year ago I wouldn't have left him home with a scooter but I am leaving him now with my precious Lil Beemer.

I have prayed about it and thought about it even more. He has grown into a responsible young man. He has done some really stupid things but manned up, served his time and deserves to be given another chance.

I was typing this blog when he came home  from meeting with friends and handed me fifty bucks, saying "Take this money in case you need it."

I don't want to jinx myself...but how much luckier can a woman/employee/mother feel?

I am destined  to take this trip and take it I will!!!

Next blog will be from  the beach!

Til then...COTTON

No comments: