Sunday, July 8, 2012

Five More Days...

Five more days and we're off for a real vacation. The first one in over four years. Tim rented the condo...no wonder he bums gas money off me every day.

My ultra crazy mother in-law lives in St. Augustine and  the Clampetts are loading up some bologna, bread and water bottles and going. At least I know we will eat good ONE night. My Maw-in-law makes a mean Bouillabaisse.

I wasn't really down with whole "Va-Cay" but as the time approaches, maybe I am! It will be on a shoe string budget but still be a week in a place I don't have to clean...not that I have cleaned my own house really well lately. My dogs and grime even make the Jehovah's witnesses only ring the door bell once. I  think I saw one of them running back to his bicycle.

I took a slack schedule at work last week  because it was the slowest week in the restaurant world. The thing is, the less I work the less I want to work. Got lucky on a few shifts and made it through the week and caught up on two years worth of sleep.

I cooked more in one week than I have in over two years. The family was fat and happy and  I think we only used the microwave to warm up left overs...another first in two years.

Tim just walked in the door from work and said he could cover gas money. Guess the bologna's on me.

You know what? After the past few years...I'd drive down to  St. Augustine (if Tim pays for gas) and stay in a homeless shelter.

I won't have to clock in for a week. Give me a towel and a book and I will feel like I am in paradise.  Zach is staying home (county mandate) and I am  yet entrusting him to another one of my vehicles. I feel better about it this time but wish he were going with us.

My brother may be coming down for a day or two if he can summon the nerve or  time. We've invited my sis and her hubby too. It sleeps five but to us that means we can squeeze in at least ten, fourteen if they don't mind sleeping on the floor.

Going in  for a double shift on Monday. Dread it but if I can muscle through this week...it will be awesome. Seven days where I have nothing to do but boss around my husband and tell him once again what he does wrong...all the time.

God bless Tim Cotton.  At least he is married to a woman that will never kill him (knowingly) and would lay down her life for him.

Oops...after midnight now...FOUR MORE DAYS!

Getting pumped...COTTON





No comments: