Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Love That Jingle...In My Pocket

I just got home from work and am sitting in my long winter coat and hat typing away. 95 pound girls aren't made for this kind of weather.

Worked a double shift. Lunch was awesome. Some girls I used to work with came in and started my day off right. I made $80 at lunch and was off in time to pick Massey up from school and pick up my fruit order from the band room from a Guard fund raiser.

Last time I worked, Barb (the owner's wife) told me I needed a pair of gloves. Barb comes off like a hard ass but she has a heart as big as the Pacific . She dogged me out for not having gloves and pulled a pair out of her coat pocket. She said "I have a pair of gloves in every coat I own." I told her that was nice to know, and now I knew where to find a pair.

Today when she came into work she said "Merry early Christmas" and handed me a pair of gloves she had bought for me.

Now my hands stay nice and toasty!


Went back to work at 5 and we all thought the bad forecast would kill business...boy were we wrong!

I waited on four tables and made over $100.

Like I have said before, my new place is all about "Quality"  not "Quanity."

Sold several bottles of wine,  lots of Cappaccino and Espresso and walked out before 10 with over $100 in my pocket.

LOVE that JINGLE...in my pocket!

Another server had cleaned out her closet and brought Massey a big bag of clothes. Gotta love those young servers...it was all Abercrombie, Old Navy and Hollister.

She even had some bigger sized jeans and tops that she had from when she was a bit larger. Massey has a friend who's family is having a really tough time and the girl wears that exact size. Not only does Massey have new clothes but we have a bag full to give to her friend.

Karma is a wonderful thing.

I am kind of worried about this whole loan modification we have been "Attempting" to go through. They have called us yet again and we have to fax the same exact documents for the third time. Who's running their office? The three stooges?

Tim seems to be worried that most people are upside down in their mortgage and we aren't. We only have a couple more years and he  is concerned that  is the reason for them dragging their feet. They could make money off of our house.

My sister gave me our seemingly  do nothing congressman's email address  and I am fighting this battle to the hilt. Can't hurt, might help. I am sending him a short email with the short version of our situation and hoping that maybe he can end a golf game early and do something for us.

I am off tomorrow and going to get a tree. I don't care if it looks like Charlie Brown's...I have NEVER not had a tree.

 I even have presents to put under it!

Tomorrow night is Massey's Christmas Chorus concert. Once again I am going to do something with my girl...almost makes me feel like Zach is right about me spoiling her.

Except!!!

On Monday I was working a lunch shift, busy as crap when Zach sent me a text. "You need to come check me out. I didn't eat breakfast and all they gave me for lunch was an undercooked Chicken sandwich. I am starving."

What am I supposed to do with THAT?

I sent a text back from the restroom "Text your dad."

Thirty minutes later I got a call from the school that Zach had been on camera leaving the campus and hadn't returned. GREAT!

It took several trips back to the restroom to send him multiple texts "WHERE ARE YOU?"

I finally got one back. He had walked over 3 miles to McDonald's and then to a friend's house who hadn't gone to school that day. It was 17 degrees and he walked in a hoodie over 3 miles. He called me to say his friend's Mom was home and made him some lunch

What part of breaking all  rules and having to deal with the consequences doesn't my boy get?

The next day I had to speak with the principal...who actually made me feel better. He said they had some kid's that would attend one class, skip another and then show back up for the next.

As the owner at work said to me..."So your boy is the best of the worst."

I think I like his take on it.

Zach is even skinnier than me. Walking the town in teen degree weather in a hoodie and knowing he was in trouble but putting it off made my heart drop and my blood pressure go up.

I decided to take the high road and go easy on him. He was already scared to come home and obviously knew how much he had "Effed" up.

His new nickname is "Skipper."

They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Zach is making it  my Mantra.

I have to think of my life with my kids as comical or it would kill me on the spot.

I look at it THIS way...Len was right, "Zach is the best of the worst."

At least he's batting 500.

Keeping the faith and trying to be "Jolly."

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: