Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Why Can't The Entire Year Be Christmas and New Years?

Til next time...an eternally grateful COTTON
Home from my third double shift in a row and I am 'Whupped.' It has been INSANE at work. (that's a good kind of insane)

I opened this morning and lunch was good. I got off a little after two and came home and fell onto the couch in the den (formerly TJ's room) and took a hour power nap. That means I had my Soap's on but had my eyes shut. I could still hear what was happening in Llandview and Port Charles but never even had to open my eyes to keep up.

My new hair do is very conducive for taking naps. My old hair do would be flat as a pancake if I took a nap. My new hair do is already slick to my head and laying on a pillow actually makes it look better...molds my side burns to my face and I get up feeling somewhat refreshed and my hair looking better that it did when I laid down.  That my friends,  is a win/win hair cut!

Massey had spent the night off and was riding to Guard practice with her friend and Zach was...."Somewhere." All I had to do was give the dogs water and after my short nap head back to work.

Christmas week was crazy at work. This week is INSANE. Christmas week people tended to be cheaper. This week I suppose they are all thinking  "What's a $100 more?'

Every table I had was fabulous. They all bought bottles of wine, one table bought a hundred dollar bottle of wine. It was crazy.

I had a table in the far back booth of the restaurant and a table in the front window of the restaurant. I was running back and forth like a mad woman when the owner's wife told me to pick up a table of 10 in the private room.

There is no telling her "NO" so I added a ten top to my list, along with another seven top and another three top and a two top.

Instead of holding your hand and patting it gently...she is more like Cher's character in Moonstruck ... verbally slaps you in the face and tells you  "Snap out of it!"

I plowed on and for the life of me don't know how I made it.

My table that was far away from any other table was extremely nice and the wife shook my hand when they left and said what a great job I did.  She said I had really been running. I told her I had been running all day and that in fact I had  weighed 200 pounds when I clocked in this morning.

Her husband (who was a pretty big fellow) cracked up at that one.

It has been an excellent Holiday Season at the restaurant. I wish every week could be Christmas week. I cannot even imagine what New Year's Eve will be like, but  will know in three more days.

Working another double shift on New Year's Eve.

This wonderful business push has almost killed me but has surely saved me.

I am sure it will spill over into the New Year. It is a fabulous restaurant with fabulous food and is a fabulous place to work.

Still sitting in my overcoat and scarf as I type. The only change I want is a little more heat and a LOT less cold.

Guess what?

 I am OFF tomorrow and now even have money to go pay bills and buy some groceries. All my checks have cleared and when I made my deposit today the teller stamped a little smiley face on my deposit slip. (Not really,  but I had a smiley face when I realized all checks had cleared.)

2011...You are going to be my turn around year!!!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

With love , family and friends...amazing things happen,  and just THAT has.

Excited about paying all the love and help forward.

2011.."Look Out" Here comes an eternally grateful Cotton that has so much to pay back and pass on.

We have made it.

We have survived and  been given the chance to actually begin to think about helping others.

"Happy New Year" to each and every one of you that have read my blog, felt my pain and responded beyond my wildest imagination.

It will paid forward and  always be remembered.

Last year totally sucked but our family received the "Breathe of Life."

God is Good. Friends are amazing and Family is essential.

To my sister and  brother...without you we would have been  lost. With you, we have survived.

To all my many friends...you have humbled and amazed me. Your kindness and generosity has made me once again realize the magnitude of what "Love" can produce.

I hope to make you all proud.

2011...Here I come!

No comments: