Friday, December 31, 2010

First I Would Like to Thank God...

I have been cracking myself up on Face book for over a hour...thought it was time to crack myself up on my blog.
One time a while back I posted something on FB that one of my husband's former classmate's read. He commented back "Kelly, you crack me up."

I wrote back and said "Tim said I crack myself up too".

Bless Tim's heart...we are SUCH polar opposites that it is not even funny but he has put up with me for  20 plus years and I guess he just finally threw up his hands and threw in the towel a few years back hoping he could just survive being married to an idiot like me.

So I think I'm funny...SUE me! Good luck with that settlement.

The thing that has gotten me through this past year has been hands down , God.

 Right behind Him are my family and screaming up their butt's is a myriad of friends. Some from my childhood, some from high school and even from college. Some are people I have never met. Some are former co workers and some are present co workers. I truly think that my sense of humor has helped as well.

 If you laugh, it helps..if you cry, not so much.

Last year this time we were almost desperate. By Spring we were frantic and extremely desperate.

By Summer we were making it with so much help that I felt like a homeless person living under the bridge by Turner field.

As this year ends and another starts...I have realized how many people love us and how many people have gotten us to this point, a point where I can laugh again.

I was booted out of a job that couldn't have cared less for what was happening to me or my family (good riddance) and my husband felt the weight of the world crashing on his shoulders.

I don't know if it was my blog or my upbringing or my wit  but it all seemed to come together for us. Blessing after blessing was bestowed upon us and somehow we managed.

Some days we would be scheduled for cut off on a utility and in the mail box would be a check. Some days we would be facing a mortgage payment we couldn't make and there would be an envelope in the mail with the exact amount we needed.

I even got to take a vacation with Massey early in the Summer...thanks to two wonderful friends that not only paid for everything but fixed my daughter's computer with a memory boost and introduced me to the fascinating concept of how comfy  pillow topped  mattresses are. (I never wanted to get out of bed).

I have always been a Liberal...used to be a Dem but am sick of both parties right now. My two friends are Gay and I can think of no better word to describe them. I don't think I have ever met a Gay person that is not one of the nicest and most sincere people on the planet.

You don't choose to be Gay..."Who would"? It's a life that so many frown upon and condemn because of their own prejudice. It ain't a cake walk for the Gays either.

I am thrilled to say that my daughter has followed my footsteps ,  letting people be WHO they are and loving them for the people they ARE, not for the people others want them to be.

I have also had people that may not agree with my views..which are pretty well OUT there too...but seem to love me anyway and their love has been felt and appreciated as well.

It's a big wide world, with a huge diversity and a huge range of emotions.

I have never pretended to be someone else. Everyone that reads my blog knows me...I put it out there every day for a reason.

I want you to know me.

I want you to know my journey.

I want you to know how much it has meant to me.

"I would first like to Thank God. I would then like to thank my family. Next up would be childhood friends. Then would come the people from high school...The mighty RHS peeps Angie, Karen, Big Scott, Becky and Mary, Linda...Roxie, Rin, Beth and Neesey (Lep's daughter).  Ms.  Dee and Ms. Karen from Massey's high school, including Ms Becky and Ms Tanya. Moving on to all my brother's classmate's and my sister's classmates. Then we'll move on to my college classmates..and my college room mate. " Also..."Chris, you had the most amazing video of the year and although we'll keep it secret....I think you beat Beyonce... you know how to work that wallet and I'll never forget it."

It may sound ridiculous but I am serious when I say there are too many people to name.


OH...don't forget my Hart connection...you fed us for a week with your coupons and got me a free oil change from my neighbor's son.


From Mary Anne with her cupcakes and the new friendship with my daughter to the countless ones from EPCC..the Lennon sisters (Taylor girls) and even a few people that still love me from the hell hole I used to work in. Special shout out to Lisa/Teresa. If I ever have another baby (don't EVEN count on it) I'll name it Lisateresa regardless of the sex. Wouldn't THAT be a curse from the jump?

To my Yankee friend J. Durst/ Walsh...I love you, and at least Pelosi has been down graded..she gets on my nerves too.

To my other Yankee friend, Joannah..WHEW, at least I ain't living in YOUR kind of cold. Although it may come in handy when you reach the Hot Flash stage.LMAO

I know as I wake on this first new day of the year,  I will read this post and have so many others to add...but that's a GOOD thing..

Wait for the edited version..but I still have three shifts to go in two days and the dogs are refusing to rub my aching feet.

ARRGGG...

Love to you all and thanks for thinking I am worth reading...as Tim says "I crack myself up."

Til next time...Soaking in a HOT tub COTTON

No comments: