Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My Life is Crazy...But at Least I'm Living

My life has taken so many twists and turns that even I get confused sometimes. At least I am still breathing and in the grand scheme of things that seems to be the important factor.

I love God, I love my husband and I would die for my kids. I love my family and love how they all love me!

A girl has to have  outlets...especially when you work as much as I do. Johnny Dear is first on my list. I love to cut grass and weed eating is just icing on the cake. To see a nicely trimmed out yard just tickles me pink. I bought Johnny a few years back when my brother in law saw him chained to a fence with a For Sale sign on him.  The old man who owned him let me post date a check (he didn't know who he was dealing with...but the check DID clear.)


I have learned more about lawn mowers than I ever thought  possible. I can change his tires, I can change his oil, I can change his belts and even know how to change his blade. He is old and as rickety as me but he keeps on going so I do too!  I cut my yards, my older neighbor's and the front of the subdivision. Nothing makes me happier than riding ole Johnny...til now.


 I got a "Pay it Forward" from my former neighbors. She is a beauty. I've never had such a nice appliance and every morning when I walk into my kitchen I give her a big hug before opening her huge wide doors and peer into her crisp clean cool cavity.

It may sound stupid...but it isn't. It is realizing that someone gave you something wonderful with no strings attached. Somone knew you were in need and that someone "Paid It Forward."  I love its quiet humming. I love its clean look. I love the fact that I don't have to defrost the top of the inside with a hair dryer anymore or shove the milk to the back so it won't spoil. I love the fact  these people loved me in a way that was so desperately needed.

It all comes back to the "Golden Rule." It all comes back to  the simple fact of Karma...translated in the Western world "Reaping what you sow."
In fact the world is round.  What goes around will eventually come around...sometimes you just have to wait for it to happen.

We have scrambled around  here for over two years just trying to get by...and with the help of many MANY people and friends we have done just that.

Now I am big Balling with a new fridge, my boy comes home on Mother's Day and we'll start over again.

You can't give up and you can't give in. You have to wake up and face the day. You have to do what you have to do and IF you do...it will all be okay.

If YOU don't try...why should anyone else?

Til next time...COTTON



No comments: