Friday, February 24, 2012

Getting My Boost On

Today I worked a double shift. Went in at 10:30 and worked the lunch shift. I had to be back at 5:30 and Zach had to be there at 5:00. If I took him to work that would mean I had to go in thirty minutes early. I am all about some rest between shifts. Now that I take one day off a week I have gotten lazy and WANT my time off even more. Tim was snoozing in the "Black Out" bedroom and wasn't going to come out of hibernation til eleven PM so I told Zach to take his Dad's car to work which left me with thirty more minutes of laying flat on my back. (so as to not muss my "hurr" or makeup) I drove my own car to work thirty minutes later and would be off early enough to drive Tim's car back home for him to leave for work at midnight and Zach could drive my car home when he got off .

Problem!! Tim's car has a wiring problem and his seats don't move. (see previous post) Tim is almost six foot three and I am five foot three. It took us almost a year to just get his transmission fixed and paid for...electric seat controls are WAY down the list. Like the scrambler I am I didn't worry about it until I clocked out at ten. When I was checking out with the manager in the office I mentioned my driving dilemma. My manager said to just take one of the booster seats we use for kids and bring it back tomorrow. When I went to leave my ole buddy "Hoke" (a server that I absolutely adore and will miss when he gets fired from screwing up at least three times a week) saw me with the booster seat and asked what I was doing with it?  I told him what I was doing and he said "I gotta get a picture of this."

I left five minutes later with my booster seat in tow and when I opened the door to Tim's car saw Hoke crouched in front of Tim's car with his cell phone taking a picture of me with my booster seat. I told him I didn't need to sit in it but needed to put it behind my back to scoot me up so I could press the gas pedal. He said he didn't think I could fit my butt in it anyway.

Don't challenge me! I put the booster in the driver's seat and squeezed my butt right into it. He squealed with idiotic delight and said "Hang on let me take another picture!" He was laughing like a Hyena and when he showed me the pic of me sitting in the booster seat I have to admit I laughed too.

I said "I guess you are going back in to show everyone else"  to which he replied "Damn straight."

I drove home with that hard plastic booster seat digging into my back but enabling me to reach the gas and brakes. I stopped and bought Tim some gas so he wouldn't have to stop on the way to work. My booster seat fell out of the car when I got out but luckily no one noticed.

My life is a comedy of errors, my life is actually a hoot. It was in the crapper for a long time but now that I have survived the fall  I can even laugh at my crazy life. I LIKE being crazy, makes every day an adventure and another blog!

I'm going to get Hoke to email me the pic of me on my booster seat and will post it!

Til next  time...COTTON

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is priceless!

You do what you gotta do to get by! That really was a great idea!