Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's a Hair Cut Not Brain Surgery

I work a lot. I don't have spare time or money. I get my hair cut for fourteen bucks...$6.99 when they send me a coupon. I always  tip at  least 30% with or without the coupon.
I went between shifts to get my "HURR DID." I walked in and the woman who normally cuts my hair wasn't there. I rolled the dice and just signed in. They told me it would be a fifteen minute wait so I signed in and went to get gas. I came back and sat down. An older gent came in after me and signed in and then a girl came in and signed in after him...at least I was first! (so I thought)

They called Paw Paw back first which kinda irritated me but I love me some old people and let it slide. Then they called the girl back and she said "I'm waiting for Mary" and sat back down. Then they finally called MY name. I was almost ticked by  this point but let it slide...once again.

I walked up to the counter and the girl smacking gum behind the counter looked at her little screen and said "So you get a razor cut?"  I said I did and  the gum smacker said "I don't do razor cuts you'll have to wait for Mary."

Why did I have to wait for Mary? I was in line before Pee Paw and the big chick. If  the big chick wants Mary...she should wait for Mary to get done with ME. The big chick  had big hair. My hair is two inches long and takes about five minutes to cut.

Next on my list of grips is why this woman didn't know how to give a razor cut? It's not like I'm asking her to remove a tumor from my brain, I just wanted a hair cut. If you are a hair dresser shouldn't you know how to cut hair? Shouldn't you know how to cut it any way the customer wants? "Heck" I learned about razor cuts FROM my hairdresser and I'm pretty sure she isn't a rocket scientist and if she is she is grossly underpaid.

I told the gum smacker I was on  break from work and would just come back later.

I'll be honest I was ticked. Yes they only charge  $14.00 for a haircut but I always tip them at least five bucks and it takes them five minutes to do it. You do the math...

I called back today disguising my voice and asked when my "Girl" was working? I'm going in the morning to get my "Hurr Did" and will give her a forty percent tip and tell her Mary  is a loser.

I don't have time for unecessary drama...I barely have time to breathe.

Til next time ...COTTON

No comments: