Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wine is Fine...

 This was the first and only notation I made in my 83 page wine pamphlet. Barb took me to a wine tasting today and "Boy was I a fish out of water." Double click on the photo and look at the price of this wine!
 And that's what the restaurant buys it for!
 I couldn't imagine spending well over a hundred dollars for a bottle of wine but obviously people do it.
 Barb took me and one of the bartenders to the wine tasting. The bartender knew a lot more about the wines than I did...I think they just took me for entertainment purposes.
 The above photo is the view out the back window. It was a fancy affair and a great way to spend my only day off.
We saw quite an eclectic group of people. Some were "Dapper Dans" like the guy above and some were in jeans and flannel shirts. Some had horrendous mullets and some didn't even look old enough to drink. I will say I have learned quite a bit about wines working at Mama Lucia's. Before I worked there I thought Foxhorn was a pretty okay wine.

I still don't get  the swirling but do it anyway. I still gave it a sniff before taking a snort. Some I like better than others but what amazed my tiny mind was the buffet table! Barb pointed out the food table to me on the map they gave her as soon as we entered and it was like I was in food Heaven...FOR FREE!

Foie de gras, Crepes with Duck, Brie, Salmon with dill horseradish sauce, Roasted Pork, Dates wrapped with proscuitto and crumbled bleu cheese and even Twinkies with bacon bits. They had all kinds of breads cut up, grapes,apricots...it was Heaven on a small plate.

I met a lot of people and drank a lot of wine. It was a wonderful day off! I was home by 8 PM and blogging by nine.

Yes I have a wonderful job. Yes I have wonderful bosses. Yes I will have a headache in the morning!

Til next time....COTTON

No comments: