Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Miracles...

"When you speak from your heart and say the words your soul has only dared to whisper...that's when miracles happen."

I woke with Massey leaving for band camp. Her being at camp for 12 hours and me being at work for twelve hours. I know she is in good hands..the guard moms are incredible to her (and me.)

Worked a hard lunch shift, got off too late to go by the school but early enough to come home and check my email and let the dogs out.

The phone rang and I almost didn't pick up. I'm not too big on toll free numbers these days...it's never good news. I decided for some reason to pick up.

"May I speak to Kelly Cotton?"

Geez...here we go again, I thought. I said "This is Kelly." It was the friendliest woman I have spoken to on our land line in almost a year. She said " This is (Blah Blah) from Wells Fargo, how are you doing today?"
I told her I've been better.

She launched right in with how she was just giving me a "Welcome" call to tell me the name of the person who had been assigned to our loan modification case and wanted to give me her number , extension and office hours.

DO WHAT? This is the same company that threatened my husband with horrible news on Monday?

I asked if we were still in consideration for a loan modification and she said cheerily "Certainly." I told her we have spoken to a different person every time we called and she said that was the reason for her call...to tell us our case had been assigned and we should directly contact that person from here on out.

After the dogs put smelling salts (I hope that's what they were) under my nose and I regained conscientiousness I told her my husband had been told a totally different story on Monday.

She happily (and still cheerily) said "Oh no, you still qualify for a loan modification and I just wanted to tell you who to contact for future reference."

I am beginning to think the loan industry is run by BP.

It was the greatest phone conversation I have ever had..hands down.

I am not sure what has happened...not sure who made it happen but know that I feel like an elephant has been lifted off my scrawny shoulders and once again I only weigh 90 pounds.

When you pray, when you are loved and when you are blessed..right before the boat sinks into the foamy waters someone throws you a life vest.

Unbelievable turn of events and I am not sure who to thank...I know God had His hand in the entire time, but I wonder who else played a part? I think I have some "Thank You" notes to buy.

After I got off work tonight I drove straight to the high school to catch the "Ms. Band Camp" pageant.

The girls dress the boys in drag and they all compete for the title of "Ms. Band Camp." It was hilarious and I am so glad I got there in time to see these kids who sweated in this ridiculous heat all day sitting in an air conditioned room laughing their heads off and having the time of their lives.

I am a lucky woman. I have taken some knocks and stumbles and quite a few tumbles . I am also loved by God and a myriad of friends and family.

"When you speak from your heart and say the words your soul has only dared to whisper...That is when miracles happen."

You know you are a guard mom when you look forward to spending tomorrow in searing heat watching your child learn lessons of diligence, commitment and having the time of their young lives all at the same time. I wouldn't want to be any other place.

Thank You God...Thank You family and friends. I have never been more thankful than I am this day...this week... this hour. I turn fifty on Saturday...a few months ago I didn't know if I would even see the day.

God bless you all as I have been blessed!

Wait til tomorrow for the "Ms. Band Camp" photos...

Til next time....COTTON

No comments: