Monday, July 16, 2012

Life's a Beach...For a Change

Just finished our second full day at the beach. I'm loving it. We wake up, Capn' Tim cooks us breakfast and Massey and I load up the car and head to the beach by ten. We could walk there in less than five minutes but between all the crap we take and the heat...I would have been dead halfway there the first trip down. The condo we rented provided us with a free parking sticker for the car (it costs $7 a day to park on the beach) so we pack up everything we need and in less than a minute are spreading out our blanket and plopping down in our chairs.

The condo is very nice. Very small but very nice. I can stand in the middle of the kitchen and cook, load the dishwasher, get things out of the fridge or pantry without moving one foot. If the entire family had come it would be a tight fit and most probably started quite a few family fights but with just Tim, Massey and me it's perfect. My niece comes to spend the night sometimes but Massey's room has twin beds. My Maw in law comes over at night when we come home from the beach to visit and Tim's two brothers have dropped by to visit but as they all have alternate schedules it has been just fine.

We were also provided free passes to the beach club ideally located right next to our condo. You'd have to hold a gun to my head to make me use the gym or pick up a tennis racket but the pool is very nice and quiet...lots of old farts. They even have a separate covered outdoor pool with a special chair on a hoist like contraption to lower you into the pool. This pool is always filled with old peeps slowly bobbing around in the water or simply staring off into space in their bathing caps and goggles.

The first day Tim came over to the pool to join me he sat on the chaise lounge next to me and asked me what the covered pool was about? I told him best as I could tell it was the pool where they filmed the movie Cocoon.

When we left I told Tim I felt like telling granny in the daisy covered bathing cap "Don't worry you'll feel like you're twenty by tomorrow." Tim actually laughed (he seldom laughs at my witty self) and quietly said to me "Her husband will be doing cannonballs in the deep end."

The weather has been perfect...hot but perfect. Since my Maw in law lives here and we have visited often enough that we have done all the tourist sights we are perfectly content. We have three pools in our condo (loaded with screaming kids) but since we are located right next door to the Cocoon Club  we swim there. We beach all day... eat dinner in our tiny kitchen and relax all night.

I didn't realize how very much I needed this trip until I woke up the first morning and didn't have to rush off to work. Putting sunscreen on has been the most strenuous thing I have done in three days.

To think I have four more days of this delights me to no end. Massey has thoroughly enjoyed herself and it's nice to see her completely happy. That makes me happy!

Tomorrow's blog will be about my Maw in law. You think I am a hoot? Wait until I tell you about her!

Til next time...Tanning Cotton

No comments: