Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Best Keep My Day Job



The top picture was taken by my brother on his phone Thanksgiving at my sister's house. The video was shot in my kitchen night before last while cooking. Thank goodness Massey didn't spot me singing until the song was almost over because I was belting it out pretty good . You don't hear my favorite songs on the radio much. American Pie is one of my favorites and the other is Creep by Radiohead. You should see me on Rock band singing "Creep" those guys NEED me in their band if only for this one song! "Creep" is the ring tone on my phone... unlike my husband's ring tone. You know the one, sounds like a phone ringing from the sixties. When his phone rings we say "Your Gran ma's phone's ringing." Of course by this point in life he tends to just ignore our sarcastic comments.

I have been busy typing up a few of my favorite blogs and have decided to start submitting them to anyone that will accept the envelope. After posting that on Facebook, I had 22 notifications of support and encouragement from friends. That was a pretty awesome feeling.

Yeah, life sucks right now...but at least I am alive and loved, two pretty good things to have in my corner at this crossroad in my life.

Work has me a nervous wreck...I am being watched constantly by the managers and have lost all faith in myself as a server (the one thing I thought I WAS good at.) It's hard to shake off bad vibes and on top of that knowing that I absolutely HAVE to keep my job right now doesn't help.

I have veins that seem ready to cause an embolism at any moment...gray hairs growing faster than a Chia pet and a job that I now hate going in to.

On the flip side I have a family that loves me and a network of friends that keep me going and make it all worth it.

I decided to answer the phone call from Chase last night...usually I don't. I talked to the guy til I was blue in the face and he probably quit his job when he got off the phone with me. He told me at one point early on that he wanted to help me and I told him that getting rid of our interest rate would help quite a bit. I explained our situation and told him that I was paying my mortgage, utilities and car insurance before his company even crossed my mind. I told him why should I send a minimum payment to them when 98% of it went to interest. I told him I felt like I was spinning my wheels and just flinging mud up. I also told him we haven't even used the card in over a year but with our situation had simply gotten behind.

After using my PHD in BS for half an hour I got the interest rate knocked to 2% for a year. I got really lucky with this guy, he was actually pretty nice and ended up helping me out quite a bit (even though they make BUTT LOADS of money off people like us) and it felt good to explode on someone who couldn't fire me or even see me.

Now if I can just find someone who thinks my writing is worth publishing maybe I can move my life in the direction I want it to go.

HEY! Maybe I can do a blog for Chase or Citi Card...I know, how about a Wells Fargo blog ?

Til next time...Cotton

No comments: