Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Ice Ain't Nice

So two weeks ago we had a snow storm of almost three inches and shut down the largest city in the south east.

Yesterday they predicted an ice storm. I remember what those are like,  we had one when I was about eleven or twelve. No power for three or four days. Our oven and stove were both electric. We slept in the living room in front of our gas logs.

I can deal with cold, I can deal with snow and even ice unless it knocks out the power. At least we have gas appliances. I was off today. Woke up this morning around nine, stretched and rolled over to pet Ham and we both settled back in for a weather-thon on the boob tube. Around two I got hungry and nuked me a bowl of last night's chili. I brought it back up to the bedroom with me. I washed all the sheets last night and  smelled so yummy I simply couldn't resist climbing back in them. I watched more of the boob tube, rolled over once or twice to rub Ham's belly and snoozed on and off til six . It was a great day...just ask Ham.

I stumbled downstairs still in my PJ pants and threw some drumsticks in the oven. I went back upstairs to the bedroom worried I had missed an important update. Ham looked over at me and seemed to say "Same ole same ole" so I settled back in.

We had dinner at nine thirty, but was an awesome dinner. Baked chicken, black eyed peas, collard greens and buttermilk corn muffins. It was Tim's birthday. I hadn't done squat for him unless you count me leaving him alone all day. We took his plate up to him in the bedroom where he was watching ESPN while singing Happy Birthday and even stuck a candle in his corn muffin.

I can't for the life of me figure out why he still loves me but does.

I was posting on Facebook tonight when my sister commented on one of my posts. (not about Tim) "What kind of yummy cake did you bake for Tim's birthday?" I immediately wrote back "One with a file in it so he can escape."

She responded "Oh, his favorite kind!"

I'm a special case. I'm definitely type A personality and borderline freak. Tim is the complete and total opposite. Sometimes it works great but other times it is a test of our love for each other.

I'll have to say he has the patience of Job. I'm not easy to live with. I'm wired differently. When I want something done, it has to be done THEN. He could wait a month.

So we're opposites, they say that's a good thing. Let's hope for my sake it is.

We're hanging in there, in my understanding of marriage that is the only thing to do.

If the power hangs on I will be one happy woman. That will be a bonus.

 I wear Tim out but consider it "Urging him on."

Yep, we're a different sort of couple but both in it for the long haul.

Heading to bed after another hot, hot bath with my aroma therapy bath salts.

So my life seems to suck, but in the grand scheme of things am one of the luckiest peeps on the planet.

If we wake up with power, heat and  water...once again we will be one of the lucky ones.

Happy Birthday to my Hubster, and thanks for sticking with me.

I remember the words and lucky for me he does too.

"I take you to be my partner. To have and hold from this day forward, for better or worse, richer or poorer. In sickness and in health. To love and cherish til death us do part."

Once again, I'm one of the lucky ones. We've been through all the vows and are still together.

Oops, my water is ready for my hot soak in a tub. Sucks getting old but still beats the alternative.

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: