Sunday, September 15, 2013

Tomorrow is Friday and Tuesday is Monday

Life's been crazy round here. In other words "same ole same ole." I kinda like having a crazy life, beats the heck out of a dull one. Work was pretty slow today, Falcons game at one killed the brunch business but walked out with more money  than I walked in with and that's all that matters. Packed up a box of stuff for  Massey  to mail tomorrow and made another pot of the soup I made yesterday. I swear it's amazing, and SO easy.

Turnip Green Soup

1 large can of Margaret Holmes seasoned turnip greens
1 can chicken broth
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can of black-eyed peas (drained) I used Black eyed peas with bacon and jalapenos
1 can of navy beans (drained)
1 can of kidney beans(drained)(or any beans of your choice)
1 lb. smoked sausage (I used Chorizo)
1 large onion



In a large pot add the first six ingredients, Then Sauté 1 lb smoked sausage chopped into bite size pieces and 1 large chopped onion until sausage is browned. Add sausage and onion to turnip green pot. Heat for 30 minutes or longer to let it cook and the flavors blend.


By far one of the best and easiest recipes I've ever found.

House work has fallen to the wayside with my work load. I keep  the laundry up with help from Zach and Tim and we all help do the dishes but mopping a floor has turned into a laughable offense. I prefer spraying Mr. Clean with Febreze on the floor and mopping up whatever needs to be cleaned with my foot on top of a beach towel. It's worked pretty good so far.

I got home from work today  around four and sat on the couch next  to Zach for a few minutes before he left for work. I could have just nodded off then but still had to go grocery shopping and wanted to fix another pot of soup.

When I got back, Zach was leaving for work . The old lap top Tim uses for  job searching was on the fritz and he had his buddy who is a computer whiz on the phone trying to fix it. Tim isn't very  computer savvy so I told him to let me talk to Rick. (our personal IT and Tim's best  friend) I got on the phone and told Rick that Tim had trouble trying to play PONG on the Atari. Tim let that one slide as he stood behind me while I downloaded the program for Rick to take over our lap top and fix the problem. Tim said from behind me "Ask Rick where he was twenty  three years ago today?" I just ignored Tim, thinking it was probably a concert they both went to. Ended up, Rick had to come over to our house to fix the problem and Tim asked Rick  the question again. I looked at  Tim like he was an idiot and almost said as much when he said "You were at our wedding, we've been married twenty  three years today."

Oops...who's the idiot now?

Poor Tim has put up with me and my big mouth for twenty five years, been married to me for twenty  three and lived to tell the story. We had  a great nineteen year run, then hit the skids but did it together and have remained  together. That's why they ask "For richer or poorer?" At least I was listening then!

I have finally realized that all  the sayings my parents taught me as a child are oh so true. Take the good with the bad. What goes around comes around. Remember the Golden Rule. Never prejudge. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Choose your battles wisely. And most of all...I love you and always will.



I was a really ugly kid, looked like Beaver Cleaver in drag, and what are those bangs doing?
I didn't improve much in five years but at least  had a pretty sister and an older brother to stand up for me.

I had the best childhood a kid could ever dream of. I had the best parents a kid could ever want.
I have the best  brother and sister.
My parents were just as in love the day my momma died as when they were when they married.
We all grew up together knowing nothing but happiness.
My Momma was a beauty inside and out, my Diddy  adored her and they had three lucky kids. I was fortunate enough to be one of them.
I had so much positivity around me as a kid that I'm still good now, thanks to my parents.

I've been with Tim over a quarter of a century. We've been through  all the vows.


Groom: I, Tim take thee Kelly to be my lawful wedded Wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I plight thee my troth.
Bride: I,Kelly take thee Tim to be my lawful wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to  cherish,  till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I give thee my troth.

Well we've been "throthing" along for twenty three years now and there is certainly something to be said for that!


He loves me and I love him. We have three kids together and are all so different it makes a nice mix.

If we've made it this far, no telling how far we can go.

Guess I'll go let him out of our walk in closet where he is probably sitting in a fetal position banging his head against the wall screaming "Why me?"

Life's tough, nobody ever said it wouldn't be. You have to roll with the punches and come up swinging.

“It's not about what it is, it's about what it can become.” (Thank you Dr. Seuss)

Here's to twenty three more!




Til next  time...COTTON











No comments: