Monday, February 11, 2013

Simply Wonderful...

Came home from work, tired. Day number twelve in a row with no day off  in the near future. Didn't make squat at work but found the Internet out. Talked to the cable company for a while and finally got back online. I never log onto Chat on facebook but since TJ moved  to the "Land down under"  have discovered when I get home late from work, it is mid morning for him and we had a nice long chat. It was awesome. It was inspiring and just what I needed. It was kinda like when Massey and I comment on each others posts on facebook when she is fifteen  feet behind me in her bedroom.

He is doing great...I knew he would but a mom still needs to be reassured.

  So I have three kids. One didn't give me stretch marks, I married his dad when he was two. The other two didn't give me stretch marks either but lots of gray hair and lots of wrinkles.

TJ  was different. He was always a good boy. He bobbled a bit in his senior year of high  school but rebounded.

He left home on fire for college, met a girl who sidelined him and came back home with a dog. He left home again (leaving the dog) thinking making a little money would be better than college. I told him "If you  think you are leaving college to make a little money  for a while...that is all you will do...make a little money."

It was rough and tumble for a couple of years. Once Tim and I hit the skids (how embarrassing is that  that when you are in your late forties) we had to shove him out of the nest that was going into foreclosure.

He landed on his feet and bounded back beyond belief.

He got a good job , saved his money and took a leap of faith. I am his step mom...which is a hard pill to swallow except for  the fact his birth mom is an excellent mother and I am almost jealous of her stretch marks.

I got home tonight, tired and worn out. I saw TJ's name pop up on chat on facebook and logged in. I usually never chat but when you have a kid halfway around the world, it is a good thing to even see their name pop up.

We had a great chat. It was one hour that made the past two weeks of working straight seem like nothing. To talk with him, even on  social networking meant a lot to me. He said he is doing well and just like a momma I typed back "I am proud of you."

So he has two mommas. I consider that a fact he is one lucky young man.

We all love him and all have the same wish.

Go TJ! Go gettum. GO see, explore and conquer the world. Wish I had been as smart when I was  his age.

Til next  time (tomorrow night)  COTTON





No comments: