Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Happy Birthday Timberly

This is one of my favorite pics of Tim. Yes I married a pretty  boy. The past few years have turned him totally gray but he is still a pretty  boy,  hence the nickname. This is Massey with her arms wrapped around him.
Today he turned fifty.  No fanfare no party. I was asleep when he left for work and still AT work when he got home.

Like a good wife I stopped at  the gas station on the way home and bought him a six pack of Yuengling  for his birthday.  We had a wine tasting at work and the chef made a special dessert cake and gave me a slice to take home to him as well. I even had a candle to stick in it! Zach had even baked him a cake from scratch...GO Zach!

Got home after ten and logged onto FB so Tim could chat with our son TJ in Australia. Tim has never "Chatted" before on  FB and it was quite amusing.  He said he felt like Fred Flintstone. I could totally envision that.  Tim was like Fred trying to understand that little green martian guy...remember him? (Well I do, but I'm fifty three)

Tim came up behind me and handed me an envelope saying "Read  this, it's  how I started my day... was taped to my car windshield this morning when I left for work. I'm keeping it in my Bible as a reminder."

The letter was from Massey, to her Dad. It read:

"Daddy, I'll start off with how much I love you. You  are truly the greatest daddy a girl could ever ask for. You're my number one fan, my rock and my every thing. Everything  we've been through would tear most families apart but it brought us closer together. You've taught me to stand up for myself and never back down. You've taught me to follow my dreams and not let anything get in my way. You've raised me with respect, honesty, love and faith. You've taught me to respect my elders and NEVER take anything for granted. You taught me to love and live life one day at  a  time. Most importantly you've taught me that rooting yourself into Christ and always trusting God above is  the only way  to live. We live for The Lord. We may  not have had  the strongest Christian upbringing but you're the perfect role model for living your life through Christ. You've made me realize what is truly important in life...Faith, Family and Love.

"I can do all things through Christ who  strengthens me."

I thank God for how blessed I am for having you as a daddy. I'm sorry  for for being a brat  sometimes. I am going to make you proud one day and going to change to world for the better. I'm  going to make an impact.

My dreams are big and adventurous because you  always believed in me, which  made me believe in myself. I will make you proud.

Happy birthday to the greatest daddy in  the whole wide world.

I love you more than anything,
                                                      Your baby girl"

If  THAT ain't  a fantabulous present, what is? Tim  said reading this first  thing this morning when he got in his car for work pumped him up the entire day.

You know, I often worry I haven't been a good enough mother...then one of my kids hits us with  something like this.

Maybe we HAVE done okay. Maybe we  could have done better but certainly could have done worse.

All I know is that Massey made her Dad's birthday and made my day as well.

Sometimes kids can seem to kill you and sometimes they can touch and warm your heart. Take the good with the bad and if you're lucky you end up with more GOOD.

Happy Birthday Tim...you  are a truly inspiring daddy. What a wonderful thing to be!



No comments: