Saturday, February 9, 2013

Maybe I Undersold MYSELF

So I went into my new second job today as an actual salesperson, not a trainee. Started out slow and the pace picked up. My co worker made sale after sale as I stood by like a dummy. But I'm a smart dummy and listened to her as she talked with her customers. She knows her stuff and always seems to know the right thing to say.

 Massey came up to have lunch with me and I gave her the grand tour after we finished our burgers in the break room. In true Massey  fashion she told me I needed to "Get my game on and do some selling."

BAM! Sold a bedroom set. King size none the less. He also bought a king size mattress and box spring set. I was on the board! Then I sold another king size bed and then sold another king size mattress.

Maybe I WILL be good at this. Only time will tell. I'm a fish out of water and have much  to learn but what the heck.

It's nice not working at a frantic pace two days a week and the people I work with are fantastic and very helpful.

Here's  the thing...I'm almost fifty three and killing my spirit by  working insane hours at a physically demanding job. Now two days a week I slowed down the pace and enjoy it. I have a lot to learn but am willing and ready. If I can sell two grand as a newbie, it's just the inspiration I need. Of course some just fell into my lap but actually made contact and kinda sorta bonded with others.

Working there again tomorrow and like a dummy picked up a shift at the restaurant after I get off at six. Gotta strike while the iron's hot.

If I can make a go of this it will be awesome. If I can learn my new product well enough  to sell confidently, it's gonna be a whole new ballgame and may even feel  good enough to go into extra innings!

Stay tuned... COTTON


No comments: