Sunday, February 17, 2013

The little boy I met with his Dad when he was just two (almost four in this pic) is now in his mid twenties and living half way  around the world.
He grew into an awkward  tween...who doesn't? He wasn't real crazy  about his little sister  then but they have  come  full circle.
TJ and Massey are now,  as Forrest Gump would say "Go  together like peas and carrots." She is so proud of him and he is proud of her.


TJ and Zach were like peas and carrots too. Then they fell apart, then they came back  together.

It's great to have all your kids love each other. It's a feeling that makes it  all worth while for a Momma.

TJ has moved to Australia for a year and once I got over the shock, realized he is doing what I wish I had done when young and single...Go see  the world!

I got  home  from work tonight around six thirty,  started dinner and by  eight we were all around the computer skyping with TJ .

Tim was still at work but we brought all three dogs in for a viewing, brought out old pics and held them up to laugh at and talk about and it was like we were all at the dining room table together.

I worry TJ may be homesick because we are all homesick for him but he is such a handsome and charismatic kid with a personality that is off the charts, I know he will  do just fine.

We spent over a hour chatting and it was just like he was still in north Atlanta just forty five minutes away. I know he isn't but to be able to talk to him daily and look at his sweet  face makes all the difference.

I am so proud of him for taking such a big step. Stepping out of the box called everyday life and seeking something greater.

It's a good  thing...when I get home at night from work is a perfect time to chat or skype with him.

As long as I can look at  him,  see his face and hear his voice...it will be okay. We laughed tonight and  was like we were all sitting around the dining table together.

What a wonderful way to start my day off!

I have three kids who "Wore me slap out" but couldn't imagine my life any other way. What's even more crazy is they love me too!

I am the luckiest woman on the planet!

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: