Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Hoop is Shrinking...Thank The Lord I'm Skinny

I used to feel like I was jumping through hoops...now I feel like I am trying to squeeze through the eye of a needle.

Yesterday was my only day off and I still have a massive week ahead of me. After the kids went to school and I fought the DHR followed by a disturbing call from Wells Fargo I fell into a funk. Actually I fell back into bed. Sometimes when the going gets tough...the tough takes a nap.

 I was supposed to go visit a friend at Scottish Rite but I didn't have enough gas. I had the .50 for the toll booth at Hwy 400 but it was either go or not have enough gas to get to work today.

I've gotten used to being broke. Sometimes I'm broker than other times but  realize that after what we have been through we will be broke for a while. Better to be broke than "Broken."

My husband started out my crappy week (God bless him, he didn't mean to.) I told him I would have a certain amount to give him for the house note on Monday. When you are a server you can't COUNT on anything but HOPE it happens. Unfortunately for him it didn't happen and I was short on my donation. He flipped out and said "You said you would HAVE it." I calmly said (well maybe not real calmly) "You know  a few months ago we couldn't even MAKE a house note...now we are only $100 short. You should be giving me a high five not a dressing down."

Needless to say he felt like crap and once again one of my Sib's came to our rescue. I swear  they must feel like conspiring  as to what will be the best way to ex communicate me from the family...I am living up to my my maiden name of  "Leach"...with the "A" replaced with an "E."

But my sister came through, just like she and  my brother always do and we are good for another thirty days.

Then the mortgage company called. I am sure by now there is a note in our file that says "Do NOT ask to speak to Mrs. Cotton!" (Exclamation point and all)

This woman said our loan modification had just landed on her desk and she needed "blah blah blah" to be faxed to "blah blah blah."

Already frustrated and feeling blue because it was my Mother's birthday ... if she had lived she would be 81. Instead I was FEELING 81 and didn't have her to turn to.

I told this woman I was absolutely perplexed by the hoops,  that were turning into the eye of a needle  we were having to jump/squeeze through for a loan modification. We have had our house for almost 15 years and for 13 of those years  were never late ONE TIME. My husband lost his job and then I lost mine. We got 5 months behind but have made an on time payment for the last four months. When we bought our house in 1997 for $109,000 and signed a mortgage it meant in the end we would pay almost  half a million dollars for our house...now who is benefitting from that...US or THEM? It doesn't take rocket scientist to just take those five months we couldn't pay and tack them on to the end of our mortgage. It would be to their advantage that they could rape us for five more  months and not have another empty house sitting and growing into an eye sore that brings down the property value of the entire neighborhood.  Immediately she said "That is exactly what I am trying to do for you."

Well slap my face and call me stupid...but why in the world am I having to fax the same exact documents over and over and over to the same exact mortgage company over and over and over about the same exact house?

I know by now there is an asterisk by my name and probably a "DON'T TALK TO" note.

I told the woman on the phone that I was more comfortable with the LAST guy that had contacted me because he was in Atlanta and not in Minnesota where she was,  but I would fax all their "blah blah blah " stuff again...One copy to the guy here in the ATL and one copy to her in Minnesota. I told her whoever could help me would get the first thank you note.

My husband is much nicer to them always telling them "Thank you for your help." I am more inclined to say "Why are ya'll dragging this out?"  If  I thought they were gonna foreclose I would wash all three of my dogs in the bath tub tonight and not even rinse it it...take THAT Wells Fargo! Now you got a house with dog hair in the drain and no one that is gonna clean it out. Not to mention vacuum the carpet.

They make me feel like we are in jeopardy of losing our house while they all sit behind their desk dragging their feet like Neanderthal's...scrubbing their knuckles on the ground while we are trying to keep our heads above water.
It makes me wonder "Who is trying to help WHO?"

My hoop isn't a hoop anymore...it is the eye of a needle and makes me grateful that I only weigh 95 pounds. If I turn sideways...we MAY make it through.

I won't quit until they come drag me out. I won't give up until I take them all down with me. I won't quit until I know I have tried and tried and tried EVERY option.

Obviously they don't know they are dealing with a Leach.

I had me a day off...I have thought about this a lot. I am ready for the fight. I don't think they realize what or who they are facing. I may be little  but I have a HUGE bite. Pray for me as I challenge the giants..or maybe I should ask you to pray for the Giants!

No one is taking this house. No one is ousting my family. No one is telling me  we can't beat the odds. No one is telling me that we haven't come a long, long way.

If we have made it this far...we can make it!
"BRING IT"

Til next time..a newly confident COTTON

No comments: