Wednesday, October 13, 2010

When We All Pull Together...The Power is Amazing!

 Thirty three men trapped for 69 days over 2,000 feet below the surface of our planet.
 How they survived for a week amazes me...how they all survived for over 2 months boggles my mind.
The man operating the drill flew in from Afghanistan. NASA was consulted and came up with the dark glasses to protect the miner's eyes that have been in total darkness for months. It was 90 degrees in the mine they survived in. It was 50 degrees on the surface they were finally delivered to.

At least five different countries contributed to this rescue effort. It shows me that when people and countries work TOGETHER it can bring about amazing results. Why in the world can't we take this lesson and apply it to every day life?

Why do grocery stores have twenty five check out lanes and only use four? Why does the post office have five windows and only use one?

Why do we all fight for  one political party instead of trying to come together as one to make our nation better?

The in fighting and name blame game baffles my tiny mind.

I thought I have  it rough. At least I see the sky every day, even when I am going to the mail box to get bills I can't pay on time. At least I have a bed to collapse into at the end of a disappointing day. At least I have family and friends that have sent me my own "rescue capsule" time and time again.

How these men survived...how they kept their spirits up and how they all asscended through that tiny cylinder drilled deep into the earth is a total inspiration to me and should be an inspiration to every person on this planet.

When we all pull together...when we all set our differences aside, it is totally amazing what we can accomplish.

So the economy sucks. Do we want to keep blaming one party for it or do we want to all pull together and make it better?

Do we want to bash each other to death, spend countless hours just trying to find 'dirt' on someone or spend time on finding some way to actually help the masses?

It seems like a "No Brainer" to me.

Til next time... "Counting on it COTTON"

No comments: